[Doriana] Of Rules and Rabbits (Ruleb... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - January 2014 » [Doriana] Of Rules and Rabbits (Rulebreaker) « Previous Next »

Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 3919
Posted on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is a CA rulebreaker.
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 18679
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 2:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this a CA rulebreaker?
Is this a rulebreaker?
Is this a California rulebreaker?

Are there rules?
Or rabbits?
Are there rabbits?
Or rules?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3921
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this a CA rulebreaker? A system of holes and underground tunnels wild rabbits live in.
Is this a rulebreaker? A system of holes and underground tunnels wild rabbits live in.
Is this a California rulebreaker? A system of holes and underground tunnels wild rabbits live in.

Are there rules? A system of holes and underground tunnels wild rabbits live in.
Or rabbits? CA
Are there rabbits? A system of holes and underground tunnels wild rabbits live in.
Or rules? A system of holes and underground tunnels wild rabbits live in.
Kalira (Kalira)
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 934
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Burrow?
Are all answers the same?
Where are the rabbits?
Is this a CA rulebreaker?
Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?
Does anybody really know what time it is?
Have you ever really loved a woman?
Where is love?
What is love?
Why are the people outside my office so loud?
What is your name?
What is your quest?
What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3924
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BLOOPER... Oopsie. Two answers from round 1 need to be rectified. See below:

Is this a California rulebreaker? A large group of people who are or may become violent.
Or rules? A small animal with soft fur, long ears and a short tail.

On to the new questions...
Burrow? A small animal with soft fur, long ears and a short tail.
Are all answers the same? CA
Where are the rabbits? A system of holes and underground tunnels wild rabbits live in.
Is this a CA rulebreaker? A system of holes and underground tunnels wild rabbits live in.
Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego? CA
Does anybody really know what time it is? A simple piece of clothing consisting of back and front sections without sleeves, and a hole for the head.
Have you ever really loved a woman? CA
Where is love? CA
What is love? CA
Why are the people outside my office so loud? CA
What is your name?
What is your quest? A small piece of paper, cloth, metal etc that sticks out from the edge of sth, and that is used to give information about it, or to hold it, fasten it, etc.
What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? The four folds of skin at the entry of a woman's vagina. Oops, I didn't think this would turn out risqué.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate? An informal meeting to talk and exchange news; a long conversation.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3925
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Forgot one:
What is your name? CA
Hardcore (Hardcore)
Username: Hardcore

Post Number: 102
Posted on Friday, August 23, 2013 - 3:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Why is the cat fat?
Why is the car fat?
Why is the call fat?
Why is the can fat?
Why is the gun killing people?
Why is the calf fat?
Potato?
Harry potter?
Cocain?
Hairy potter?
Promotional kitten basket?
He's got them moobs like Jagger, he's got the moobs like Jagger?
I can touch this on piano?
The three amigos?
Where are my coconuts?
Why does Obama smell like burgers?
Why do people dance naked?
The cat died of obesity?
America lives in a kangaroo?
Tell Scotty I do give a damn?
?
!
(••)
Touched by an angel?
All right Eddy, I'm immoral. So is everyone in the world, I'm here for the money!
Monkeys are fat?
Thufyhyuwrroffoisgpugnnvddctwwq?
Time to get funky!
Roll the next clip Steven?
Ow?
Sarah Conner?
Wow, Ok?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3928
Posted on Friday, August 23, 2013 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Why is the cat fat? A simple piece of clothing consisting of back and front sections without sleeves, and a hole for the head.
Why is the car fat? CA
Why is the call fat? CA
Why is the can fat? CA
Why is the gun killing people? A piece of paper etc. that is attached to sth and gives information about it.
Why is the calf fat? CA
Potato? A small piece of paper, cloth, metal etc that sticks out from the edge of sth, and that is used to give information about it, or to hold it, fasten it, etc.
Harry potter? A system of holes and underground tunnels wild rabbits live in.
Cocain? A small group of people who are involved in secret plans to get political power.
Hairy potter? CA
Promotional kitten basket? Where can I get one?! An Arab dish consiting of crushed wheat with chopped tomatoes, onions and herbs.
He's got them moobs like Jagger, he's got the moobs like Jagger? The upper part of the end wall of a building, between the two sloping sides of the roof, that is shaped like a triangle.
I can touch this on piano? A Mexican dish of crisp pieces of tortilla served with beans, cheese, spices etc.
The three amigos? CA
Where are my coconuts? A small animal with soft fur, long ears and a short tail.
Why does Obama smell like burgers? CA
Why do people dance naked? A Russian country house.
The cat died of obesity? A simple piece of clothing consisting of back and front sections without sleeves, and a hole for the head.
America lives in a kangaroo? A muslim ruler or officer in the Mogul empire.
Tell Scotty I do give a damn? A simple piece of clothing consisting of back and front sections without sleeves, and a hole for the head.
?
!
(••) All of the numers, punctuation marks and whatever this is are CA
Touched by an angel? A muslim ruler or officer in the Mogul empire.
All right Eddy, I'm immoral. So is everyone in the world, I'm here for the money! A disease of dogs and other animals that causes madness and death.
Monkeys are fat? CA
Thufyhyuwrroffoisgpugnnvddctwwq? A person who invents or tells stories.
Time to get funky! A simple piece of clothing consisting of back and front sections without sleeves, and a hole for the head.
Roll the next clip Steven? CA
Ow? CA
Sarah Conner? CA
Wow, Ok? A crazy person.
Hardcore (Hardcore)
Username: Hardcore

Post Number: 108
Posted on Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 4:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cat?
Can?
Cap?
Car?
What is car?
What is is car?
What is is is car?
What is cat?
What is is cat?
What is is is cat?
What is can?
What is is can?
What is is is can?
What is cap?
What is is cap?
What is is is cap?
CAN?
CAP?
CAT?
CAR?
Can can?
Cap cap?
Cat cat?
Car car?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 3930
Posted on Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because of reasons (mainly my own stupidity and forgetfulness), I won't be able to answer questions on this for a while. Sorry!
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cat? CA
Can? CA
Cap? CA
Car? CA
What is car? CA
What is is car? The holy day of the week that is used for resting and worshipping God.
What is is is car? A period of time when sb, especially a teacher at a university, is allowed to stop their normal work in order to study or travel.
What is cat? A small piece of paper, cloth, metal etc that sticks out from the edge of sth, and that is used to give information about it, or to hold it, fasten it, etc.
What is is cat? CA
What is is is cat? A period of time when sb, especially a teacher at a university, is allowed to stop their normal work in order to study or travel.
What is can? CA
What is is can? The holy day of the week that is used for resting and worshipping God.
What is is is can? A period of time when sb, especially a teacher at a university, is allowed to stop their normal work in order to study or travel.
What is cap? CA
What is is cap? The holy day of the week that is used for resting and worshipping God.
What is is is cap? A period of time when sb, especially a teacher at a university, is allowed to stop their normal work in order to study or travel.
CAN?
CAP?
CAT?
CAR?
Can can?
Cap cap?
Cat cat?
Car car? all of these are CA
Psydkik (Psydkik)
Username: Psydkik

Post Number: 110
Posted on Friday, October 04, 2013 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Why is the cat fat?
Why is the cat fat?
Rabbits!
Why is the cat fat?
Whyisthecatfat?
Why is the cat fat?
Xhy is the cat fat?
Yhy is the cat fat?
Zhy is the cat fat?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 40
Posted on Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Why is the cat fat? A simple piece of clothing consisting of back and front sections without sleeves, and a hole for the head.
Rabbits! A small cake, often with rum poured over it.
Whyisthecatfat? A simple piece of clothing consisting of back and front sections without sleeves, and a hole for the head.
Xhy is the cat fat? A simple piece of clothing consisting of back and front sections without sleeves, and a hole for the head.
Yhy is the cat fat? A simple piece of clothing consisting of back and front sections without sleeves, and a hole for the head.
Zhy is the cat fat? A simple piece of clothing consisting of back and front sections without sleeves, and a hole for the head.
Sleepingbeaver (Sleepingbeaver)
Username: Sleepingbeaver

Posted on Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Why is the hat fat?
Why is the chat fat?
Why is the catt fat?
Wwhy is the cat fat?
Why is the cat cat fat?
Why is the dog fat?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 57
Posted on Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Why is the hat fat? CA
Why is the chat fat? CA
Why is the catt fat? An Arab dish consiting of crushed wheat with chopped tomatoes, onions and herbs.
Wwhy is the cat fat? A simple piece of clothing consisting of back and front sections without sleeves, and a hole for the head.
Why is the cat cat fat? An Arab dish consiting of crushed wheat with chopped tomatoes, onions and herbs.
Why is the dog fat? CA
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What is the meaning of life?
What is the meaning of "life"?
What is the meaning of wife?
What is the meaning of "wife"?
What is hte meaning of life?
Will you marry me?
Do you like llamas?
Do you like ferrets?
Are you a meanie ferret?
Are you a goat?
Are you a rapist?
Are you a loser?
Are you a LTPF member?
Do you know any people who eat cheese?
Do you kown any people who eat cheese?
Doyou know any people who eat cheese?
Do you knwo any people to eat cheese?
Will you marry me?
Will you marry me?
What about now?
Now?
Pretty please?
Can I have a cookie?
Can I have a cookie?
Now can I have a cookie?
NOW can I have a cookie?
Why not?
Grr?
Meanie?
Please?
I'm down on my knees begging for you to give me a cookie, so can I pleeeze have one?
Please please please?
Oh boy, a cookie, is it for me?
What would you do if I stole it from you?
You'd kill me?
Well, I'm doing it anyway, ok?
Please don't kill me?
Ow, my stabbed heart?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 95
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2013 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm sorry I didn't answer your questions any earlier, but once again, I didn't have access to the prop I need for this puzzle.

What is the meaning of life? CA
What is the meaning of "life"? CA
What is the meaning of wife? CA
What is the meaning of "wife"? CA
What is hte meaning of life? CA
Will you marry me? CA
Do you like llamas? A piece of paper etc. that is attached to sth and gives information about it.
Do you like ferrets? A small animal with soft fur, long ears and a short tail.
Are you a meanie ferret? A system of holes and underground tunnels wild rabbits live in.
Are you a goat? CA
Are you a rapist? A small animal with soft fur, long ears and a short tail.
Are you a loser? A small animal with soft fur, long ears and a short tail.
Are you a LTPF member? CA
Do you know any people who eat cheese? CA
Do you kown any people who eat cheese? CA
Doyou know any people who eat cheese? CA
Do you knwo any people to eat cheese? CA
Will you marry me? CA
Will you marry me? CA
What about now? CA
Now? CA
Pretty please? CA
Can I have a cookie? A small group of people who are involved in secret plans to get political power.
Can I have a cookie? A small group of people who are involved in secret plans to get political power.
Now can I have a cookie? CA
NOW can I have a cookie? CA
Why not? CA
Grr? A small animal with soft fur, long ears and a short tail.
Meanie? CA
Please? CA
I'm down on my knees begging for you to give me a cookie, so can I pleeeze have one? A serious illness that cows can get from a type of fly.
Please please please? CA
Oh boy, a cookie, is it for me? CA
What would you do if I stole it from you? A simple piece of clothing consisting of back and front sections without sleeves, and a hole for the head.
You'd kill me? A piece of paper etc. that is attached to sth and gives information about it.
Well, I'm doing it anyway, ok? CA
Please don't kill me? I just realised that I got the rule wrong for some questions, will rectify later. Keep asking!
Ow, my stabbed heart? CA

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2013 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You never answered "Please don't kill me?"
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 101
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2013 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can't answer it at the moment because I realized I got the rule wrong and I can't answer this specific question before I go over all questions that are affected and correct their answers. I don't have the time tonight, but I'll do it tomorrow.

Post Number: 112
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2013 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You have mail.
If I'm right, it is virtually impossible to answer these without a few mistakes...
Doriana (Doriana)

Posted on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sleepingbeaver e-mailed me a perfect $poyler, nice work!

Post Number: 116
Posted on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very nice puzzle - but answering all the questions must be hard work for you =)
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 120
Posted on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BLOOPER

As I said earlier, some questions haven't been answered correctly. Here are the (hopefully) correct answers. This should also give you a HINT to the rule.

Why is the gun killing people? The four folds of skin at the entry of a woman's vagina.
Do you like llamas? The four folds of skin at the entry of a woman's vagina.
Please don't kill me? The four folds of skin at the entry of a woman's vagina.
What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? A room or building used for scientific research, experiments, testing, etc.
Kayleearafinwiel (Kayleearafinwiel)
Username: Kayleearafinwiel

Post Number: 30
Posted on Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I became an even more losted kitteh when vaginas began entering the mix. *facepalm* Can haz recat plz?

Rosemary, that's for remembrance. Pray you, love, remember?
To be, or not to be, that is the question?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 181
Posted on Friday, October 25, 2013 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I became an even more losted kitteh when vaginas began entering the mix. *facepalm* Can haz recat plz?

Yes, the vagina thing wasn't planned, but a rule is a rule and I gotta stick to it =D

I can't really post a recap because no questions about the rule have been asked so far, but I recommend having a look at the CA questions as well as the BLOOPER right above your post.

Rosemary, that's for remembrance. Pray you, love, remember? A competition between people, animals, vehicles etc. to see which one is faster or fastest.
To be, or not to be, that is the question? A button on a keyboard that you use to move to a certain fixed position in a line of a document that you are typing.
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 500
Posted on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rabbit?
Rabbits?
I have a rabbit?
I have two rabbits?
Is Oscar a good name?
Is Emmy a good name?
Aren't rabbits cute and cuddly?
Don't rabbits eat a lot of wallpaper?
Warren?
Vest?
Label?
Labia?
Gable?
Dacha?
Sabbath?
Sabbatical?
Race?
Tab?
Why all the rabbits?
Do I have any idea what's going on here?
No.

Post Number: 60
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 2:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Why in the world was it necessary to bring vaginas into the mix? *facepalm*
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 216
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rabbit? A small cake, often with rum poured over it.
Rabbits? A small cake, often with rum poured over it.
I have a rabbit? A small cake, often with rum poured over it.
I have two rabbits? CA
Is Oscar a good name? The holy day of the week that is used for resting and worshipping God.
Is Emmy a good name? Used to address a man whose name you do not know.
Aren't rabbits cute and cuddly? CA
Don't rabbits eat a lot of wallpaper? An Arab dish consiting of crushed wheat with chopped tomatoes, onions and herbs.
Warren? A small animal with soft fur, long ears and a short tail.
Vest? CA
Label? A piece of paper etc. that is attached to sth and gives information about it.
Labia? CA
Gable? CA
Dacha? CA
Sabbath? A small cake, often with rum poured over it.
Sabbatical? {A small cake, often with rum poured over it.}
Race? CA
Tab? CA
Why all the rabbits? CA
Do I have any idea what's going on here? CA
No. A type of small orange with loose skin that you can remove easily.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 219
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Upon request of my dear Kaylee kitteh, here's a bit of a HINT.

As you all might have noticed, the answers are definitions of words. In his last round of questions, Psydkik has already found some of the definitions, e.g. the "small animal with soft fur, long ears and a short tail" seems to be a rabbit.

Have a look at all the questions that I answered with this definition, and find out what those questions have in common and how this could be related to "rabbit", not to the actual definition.

Post Number: 171
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is Emmy a good name? Used to address a man whose name you do not know.

Shouldn't this be "woman"? *playing the wise guy*
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 221
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Believe me or not, it's actually "man". :-P
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)
Username: Yojimbo

Post Number: 441
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 1:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

no dead kids around here, are there?
Can you not answer questions that don't include a doubled letter?
Can you not answer questions that don't include a doubled component of the alphabet?
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 41
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

1A small cake, often with rum poured over itbaba
2A small group of people who are involved in secret plans to get political powercabal
3A Russian country housedacha
4The upper part of the end wall of a building, between the two sloping sides of the roof, that is shaped like a trianglegable
5A small piece of paper, cloth, metal etc that sticks out from the edge of sth, and that is used to give information about it, or to hold it, fasten it, etclabel
6The four folds of skin at the entry of a woman's vaginalabia
7A room or building used for scientific research, experiments, testing, etc.laboratory
8A crazy personlunatic
9A large group of people who are or may become violentmob
10A muslim ruler or officer in the Mogul empirenabob
11A Mexican dish of crisp pieces of tortilla served with beans, cheese, spices etc.nachos
12A small animal with soft fur, long ears and a short tailrabbit
13A disease of dogs and other animals that causes madness and deathrabies
14A competition between people, animals, vehicles etc. to see which one is faster or fastestrace
15The holy day of the week that is used for resting and worshipping Godsabbath
16A period of time when sb, especially a teacher at a university, is allowed to stop their normal work in order to study or travelsabbatical
17A button on a keyboard that you use to move to a certain fixed position in a line of a document that you are typingtab
18A simple piece of clothing consisting of back and front sections without sleeves, and a hole for the headtabard
19An Arab dish consiting of crushed wheat with chopped tomatoes, onions and herbstabbouleh
20A system of holes and underground tunnels wild rabbits live inwarren
21A person who invents or tells storiesfabulist?
22A serious illness that cows can get from a type of flynagana?
23A type of small orange with loose skin that you can remove easilymandarin?
24An informal meeting to talk and exchange news; a long conversationgabfest?
25Used to address a man whose name you do not knowmac?

Is this generally accurate? Tables being stupidly annoying to format, feel free to just tell me which lines are wrong :-)

Is there any relevance to the fact that a large number of these start with CONSONANT + A? Relevant that a large number of these are very close to at least one other word in the list alphabetically? Relevant that they are all nouns?
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 518
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Perhaps "mob" is "gang" in that case?
And "lunatic" could be "madman"?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 222
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

no dead kids around here, are there? No, not yet. And I dont think there will be any.

Can you not answer questions that don't include a doubled letter?
Can you not answer questions that don't include a doubled component of the alphabet?
By a doubled letter, do you mean something like the l in "ball", or just two l's as in "level"? And what do you mean by "component of the alphabet?

Kalira, nice list! Let's see...
correct

1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21 (although I just realised the corresponding questions should actually have been answered with "CA"), 22, 24, 25
almost correct
not correct
8 (it's not "madman" either), 9 (it's not "gang" either)
As for 5, you have the right word, but the wrong definition - there are two definitions that are very similar, one of which is missing in your list

Is this generally accurate? Tables being stupidly annoying to format, feel free to just tell me which lines are wrong :-) Yes, see above - well done :-)

Is there any relevance to the fact that a large number of these start with CONSONANT + A? YES Relevant that a large number of these are very close to at least one other word in the list alphabetically? YES Relevant that they are all nouns? yesish

Perhaps "mob" is "gang" in that case?
And "lunatic" could be "madman"? See above
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 223
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oops, forgot one. 23 is not correct either.
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 46
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ahh, I had noticed the slightly different definition and figured you'd just gotten sick of writing the long one out.

Slightly diff def'n (let's call it 26, if we need to refer back in future): "A piece of paper etc. that is attached to sth and gives information about it"? would that be "tag"? or is this one "label"? and the one in my table "tag"?

So the question "Thufyhyuwrroffoisgpugnnvddctwwq?" should have the answer "CA" instead of "fabulist" then? I shall update if so.

23: tangerine?

Will have to come back to 8, 9, and 20 later.

Post Number: 77
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

20: burrow?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 225
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ahh, I had noticed the slightly different definition and figured you'd just gotten sick of writing the long one out.

Slightly diff def'n (let's call it 26, if we need to refer back in future): "A piece of paper etc. that is attached to sth and gives information about it"? would that be "tag"? or is this one "label"? and the one in my table "tag"? 26 is "label", 5 is "tag"

So the question "Thufyhyuwrroffoisgpugnnvddctwwq?" should have the answer "CA" instead of "fabulist" then? I shall update if so. yes

23: tangerine? no

Will have to come back to 8, 9, and 20 later. Take your time

20: burrow? no. HINT: It's not "warren" but "x warren"
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 226
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 10:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Slightly diff def'n (let's call it 26, if we need to refer back in future): "A piece of paper etc. that is attached to sth and gives information about it"? would that be "tag"? or is this one "label"? and the one in my table "tag"? 26 is "label", 5 is "tag"

So the question "Thufyhyuwrroffoisgpugnnvddctwwq?" should have the answer "CA" instead of "fabulist" then? I shall update if so. yes

23: tangerine? no

Will have to come back to 8, 9, and 20 later. Take your time

20: burrow? no. HINT: It's not "warren" but "x warren"
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 47
Posted on Friday, November 01, 2013 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

20: rabbit warren?

"large group of ppl" --> gathering? mass? pack? rabble?

"crazy person" --> maniac?

Am seeing some odd/interesting things in the list o' questions and answers, but nothing I can define as yet.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 227
Posted on Friday, November 01, 2013 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

20: rabbit warren? yes

"large group of ppl" --> gathering? mass? pack? no to these rabble? this!

"crazy person" --> maniac? no

Am seeing some odd/interesting things in the list o' questions and answers, but nothing I can define as yet. Well, you're doing some good work here!
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)
Username: Yojimbo

Post Number: 459
Posted on Friday, November 01, 2013 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

#8 :: crazy person: babbler?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 228
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

#8 :: crazy person: babbler? no
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 49
Posted on Monday, November 04, 2013 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

crazy person: raver? patient?

orange: tangelo?

Is time or date the questions are posted relevant to the solution?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 238
Posted on Monday, November 04, 2013 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

crazy person: raver? patient? no to both

orange: tangelo? no. The word you're looking for is only used in one part of the English-speaking world, so you're probably not familiar with it (neither was I before I posted this puzzle!). Don't dwell on it.

Is time or date the questions are posted relevant to the solution? no to both
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 56
Posted on Monday, November 04, 2013 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, an updated table of answers, newly alphabetized, aside from the two answers we don't know:
1 A small cake, often with rum poured over it. baba
2 A small group of people who are involved in secret plans to get political power. cabal
3 A Russian country house. dacha
4 An informal meeting to talk and exchange news; a long conversation. gabfest
5 The upper part of the end wall of a building, between the two sloping sides of the roof, that is shaped like a triangle. gable
6 A piece of paper etc. that is attached to sth and gives information about it. label
7 The four folds of skin at the entry of a woman's vagina. labia
8 A room or building used for scientific research, experiments, testing, etc. laboratory
9 Used to address a man whose name you do not know. mac
10 A muslim ruler or officer in the Mogul empire. nabob
11 A Mexican dish of crisp pieces of tortilla served with beans, cheese, spices etc. nachos
12 A serious illness that cows can get from a type of fly. nagana
13 A small animal with soft fur, long ears and a short tail. rabbit
14 A system of holes and underground tunnels wild rabbits live in. rabbit warren
15 A large group of people who are or may become violent. rabble
16 A disease of dogs and other animals that causes madness and death. rabies
17 A competition between people, animals, vehicles etc. to see which one is faster or fastest. race
18 The holy day of the week that is used for resting and worshipping God. sabbath
19 A period of time when sb, especially a teacher at a university, is allowed to stop their normal work in order to study or travel. sabbatical
20 A button on a keyboard that you use to move to a certain fixed position in a line of a document that you are typing. tab
21 A simple piece of clothing consisting of back and front sections without sleeves, and a hole for the head. tabard
22 An Arab dish consiting of crushed wheat with chopped tomatoes, onions and herbs. tabbouleh
23 A small piece of paper, cloth, metal etc that sticks out from the edge of sth, and that is used to give information about it, or to hold it, fasten it, etc tag
24 A crazy person.
25 A type of small orange with loose skin that you can remove easily.

There were 26 answers as of the last table, but fabulist was removed, so we're back to 25.

I have an Excel spreadsheet with all the questions and associated answers (as well as the CAs). I will see if I can make it accessible on Google docs, or if I can't, will make it available to anyone who wants to see it.

Post Number: 92
Posted on Monday, November 04, 2013 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

orange: satsuma?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 254
Posted on Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

orange: satsuma? no
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 60
Posted on Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Link if anyone wishes to see the questions and answers in Excel format here. Doc is open to comments and I think you can sort it and such. Let me know if you can't.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 270
Posted on Friday, November 08, 2013 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, you really do go the extra mile, Kalira =)

Here's a HINT: You've already found out that all of the words start with a consonant. And I can tell you that no matter what question you ask, it will *always* start with a consonant (unless it's CA, of course). It'll also always be a noun. It's also important that some of the words are very close to each other, alphabetically.
Redwine (Redwine)
Username: Redwine

Post Number: 849
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Orange - clementine?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 316
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Orange - clementine? no
Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 45
Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2013 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It seems like these are all very early, in alphabetical order, among nouns that start with those particular consonants.

If it weren't a proper noun, would a "Saab" (the car) ever be one of the answers? or "Baal" (the ancient god)? or does the third letter always have to be another consonant?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 356
Posted on Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It seems like these are all very early, in alphabetical order, among nouns that start with those particular consonants. That's correct

If it weren't a proper noun, would a "Saab" (the car) ever be one of the answers? or "Baal" (the ancient god)? If they weren't proper nouns, they could be among the answers or does the third letter always have to be another consonant? no, but it's somewhat more likely

Post Number: 139
Posted on Tuesday, December 03, 2013 - 12:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

orange: mandarin? (the satsuma, tangerine, clementine, tangelo, owari and tangor are all varieties of the mandarin orange)

Post Number: 172
Posted on Tuesday, December 03, 2013 - 2:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Crazy person = gaga? As in "you've gone gaga?" Or malevolent?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 362
Posted on Tuesday, December 03, 2013 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

orange: mandarin? (the satsuma, tangerine, clementine, tangelo, owari and tangor are all varieties of the mandarin orange) no

Crazy person = gaga? no As in "you've gone gaga?" Or malevolent? no

You can solve the puzzle without finding out the still missing definitions.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 450
Posted on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There hasn't been any action on this for 1.5 months. I just gave Sleepingbeaver (who sent me a correct $poyler) the permission to $poyl this. So if you want to ask a question, do it now =)

Post Number: 212
Posted on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oops, this is still on, so then...

==========SPOILER======================

There is an alphabetically ordered list of keywords with explanations, as in a dictionary.
I hope we are not supposed to work out the whole list, or how you compiled it...

Now the rule is as follows:
1. Take the question and work out the most frequent consonant in it (and its frequency). If there is a tie, the answer is CA.
2. Look up in the keyword list, start with said consonant, and take the n-th entry beginning with that letter (where n is the frequency of the letter in the question).
3. Now the answer is the explanation, not the keyword.

I found out some of the keywords, and they fit nicely into this rule (including alphabetical order).

Actually, I found it kind of stupid to set up that mail in English, but at least I could now just copy&paste ;-)
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 456
Posted on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the perfect spoiler, Beaver! And thanks to all others who played! =)

The words on the list were indeed taken from a dictionary. I only used the nouns, leaving out all those that are acronyms, abbreviations or proper names.

The missing words are
a crazy person = wacko
a small type of orange = naartjie (the Afrikaans word for satsuma, which is also used in Southern African English)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: