[Solo1] You don't have to be religiou... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - September 2013 » [Solo1] You don't have to be religious.. « Previous Next »

Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 779
Posted on Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

to solve this puzzle.

I kept my eyes firmly fixed on the visiting minister's shoes.
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 18759
Posted on Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Visiting minister" - was the minister visiting another church? Another place of worship? Your place of worship?
Minister: H? A? M?
"I" - you, Soli?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 780
Posted on Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was the minister visiting another church? Another place of worship? Your place of worship? Yes to all.
Minister: H? A? M? Yes, and relevant.
"I" - you, Soli? Yes
Hardcore (Hardcore)
Username: Hardcore

Post Number: 162
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2013 - 3:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the church the minister was visiting relevant? name of church? Location?

When did this happen? {ltpf list of timelines}

Were the ministers shoes relevant? Were they:
Dirty?
Making an odd noise?
Rare?
Made of animal skin?

Is the material of the shoes relevant?

Is the type of shoe relevant?

Was something going to happen or did it already happen to the shoes?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 781
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2013 - 3:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the church the minister was visiting relevant? Noish.
Actually, the puzzle doesn't need to be in a church (although it was); just somewhere a degree of formality was called for.

When did this happen? a few months ago.
Were the ministers shoes relevant? Only by not being relevant! Were they: Dirty? Making an odd noise? Rare? Made of animal skin? I assume they were leather. All of this n.r.
Is the material of the shoes relevant?
Is the type of shoe relevant?
Was something going to happen or did it already happen to the shoes? No to all.
Alhucema (Alhucema)
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2776
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2013 - 9:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you look at the shoes to distract yourself from something else?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 782
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2013 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you look at the shoes to distract yourself from something else? YES
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 4055
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2013 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was there something odd about his appearance? about the way he was talking?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 785
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 2:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was there something odd about his appearance? DOYD of "odd." To me there was.about the way he was talking? No.
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 18764
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 4:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was his fly open?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 4056
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the odd thing related to his hair? face? body? clothing?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 787
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was his fly open?Oh, no, no. Nothing like that.

Was the odd thing related to his hair? face? body? clothing? All of these, except 'face' somewhat less than the others.
Hardcore (Hardcore)
Username: Hardcore

Post Number: 186
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 4:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he dirty? Wearing a certain color? Was he wearing normal or strange teenage clothing, not the minister outfit?

Was his appearance funny, horrifying, annoying, or embarrassing to you?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 789
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he dirty?No Wearing a certain color? Color not directly relevant. Was he wearing normal or strange teenage clothing, not the minister outfit? Not 'teenage clothing," but not what I would have thought of as a 'minister outfit.'

Was his appearance funny,Yes!! That's why I didn't dare to look directly at him - I was afraid I would disgrace myself by laughing out loud! horrifying, annoying, or embarrassing to you?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 4057
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2013 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he wearing some kind of costume?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 791
Posted on Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was he wearing some kind of costume?No, but...
There was nothing particularly funny about the items of clothing he was wearing, so why was I in danger of laughing?
Lynne (Lynne)
Username: Lynne

Post Number: 5450
Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were his buttons done up wrong?
Hamilton (Hamilton)
Username: Hamilton

Post Number: 64
Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If the minister had been a politician, to use one example, would his appearance been as amusing? Or is the fact that he's a minister relevant? Would anybody else at the church feel the urge to laugh as well?

Was the fact that it was place of formality relevant because it would make your laughter unseemly? Is it relevant in that it added to the ridiculousness of the minister's appearance?

Was he wearing proper clothing, but improperly? Did he strongly resemble someone else?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 798
Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were his buttons done up wrong?No, nothing like that.

If the minister had been a politician, to use one example, would his appearance been as amusing? Yes, I think so.Or is the fact that he's a minister relevant?relevant-ish, as explained below. Would anybody else at the church feel the urge to laugh as well? I don't know about others. Maybe some were too young or to old to "get it," or maybe they hadn't had my misspent youth.

Was the fact that it was place of formality relevant because it would make your laughter unseemly? Yes; I felt I had to maintain a certain level of decorum. Which is also why I didn't take a survey afterward, to see if others had noticed this. Is it relevant in that it added to the ridiculousness of the minister's appearance? Yes

Was he wearing proper clothing, but improperly? Yope. Did he strongly resemble someone else? YES!
**************SPOILER**************
He was almost a clone of Peewee Herman ("Peewee's Big Top"). Even resembled him physically to a great extent. But I almost lost it when I saw how he was dressed: the tight-fitting suit, the bow tie, etc. I had to keep my eyes on the Bible in my lap, or on his shoes, which were, thankfully, normal.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: