[Jondahr] But how could they know? (N... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - November 2013 » [Jondahr] But how could they know? (Neologism) « Previous Next »

Jondahr (Jondahr)
Username: Jondahr

Post Number: 56
Posted on Friday, October 04, 2013 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sometimes, I am offered an amfico. I don't always tell my friends about it, though.
Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 3:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is an amfico a physical object? a service? a privilege?

Do you not always tell your friends because they could ask to "share" the amfico with you somehow? Would that even be possible? or do you just not want to seem like too much of a braggart?
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 58
Posted on Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is an amfico a physical object? a service? this is the closest, though not quite right a privilege?

Do you not always tell your friends because they could ask to "share" the amfico with you somehow? that would make for a very weird conversation Would that even be possible? well, maybe, in a way, but it's a stretch, and anyway I can't imagine why they would want that or do you just not want to seem like too much of a braggart? I don't really believe that's what I would seem like
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 61
Posted on Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant who offers you the amfico? If so, a friend of yours? family member? co-worker? stranger? a company?

Is an amfico some kind of deal? discount?
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 62
Posted on Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant who offers you the amfico? very much so If so, a friend of yours? family member? co-worker? stranger? a company? none of these, but company would be closest, in a very lateral way - possibly a FA

Is an amfico some kind of deal? discount? no
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 15
Posted on Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 6:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, it's some sort of group or organization that offers you the amfico? Is it a school/university? a governmental organization?
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 69
Posted on Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, it's some sort of group or organization that offers you the amfico? Is it a school/university? a governmental organization? this is OTWT - when I said company would be closest, I meant in a very lateral way indeed- I see now that it was probably more confusing than clarifying. And there is still a possible FA here.
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 16
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2013 - 7:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there a FA that a flesh-and-blood human--or group of humans--offers the amfico(s)? Whereas, in fact, it is a machine? or something else technological, such as a website? that makes the offer on behalf of some humans?
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 70
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2013 - 7:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there a FA that a flesh-and-blood human--or group of humans--offers the amfico(s)? yes! Whereas, in fact, it is a machine? yesish or something else technological, such as a website?yesish, not a website though that makes the offer on behalf of some humans? yope... Really just in the sense that some humans made it.
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 22
Posted on Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it a cell phone that offers the amfico? a MP3 player? an e-book reader? a software program on your computer?

Is the amfico itself an opportunity to buy an additional product or service? a "you may be interested in this too" sort of suggestion or recommendation after searching for something else?

Or another, totally different sort of thing, is it a recommended route given by a GPS system?
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 73
Posted on Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 6:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it a cell phone that offers the amfico? yes! a MP3 player? an e-book reader? a software program on your computer? no to rest

Is the amfico itself an opportunity to buy an additional product or service? a "you may be interested in this too" sort of suggestion or recommendation after searching for something else? good idea, but no

Or another, totally different sort of thing, is it a recommended route given by a GPS system? no (this is in a way a bit closer, though)
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 26
Posted on Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 6:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the offer made while you are making a call? receiving a call? sending a text? receiving a text? entering a contact into your phone? looking up a contact?

Is the amfico offered in one of those annoying texts from the phone company informing you of some kind of deal? or is it an Autocorrect fail?(Warning: hilarious)
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 75
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2013 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the offer made while you are making a call? receiving a call? sending a text? this receiving a text? entering a contact into your phone? looking up a contact?

Is the amfico offered in one of those annoying texts from the phone company informing you of some kind of deal? no or is it an Autocorrect fail? yes it is! (Warning: hilarious) and yes they are! ;)

So, what is special about this kind of autocorrect fail that makes me not always sant to tell my friends about it?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 153
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2013 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it something risqué?
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 76
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it something risqué? no, nothing like that
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 77
Posted on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Since this one seems to be going nowhere, here is a...

HINT!!!

The words being corrected are names.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 235
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it affect the names of the people you're writing to? People you're writing about? your own name?
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 117
Posted on Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it affect the names of the people you're writing to? Sometimes People you're writing about? Yes your own name? No
Kalira (Kalira)
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 62
Posted on Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So an amfico involves the autocorrection of a person's given name in a text?

Does the autocorrect change the meaning of your sentence? Does it still make sense (though incorrect) after the autocorrect?
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 132
Posted on Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So an amfico involves the autocorrection of a person's given name in a text? yes

Does the autocorrect change the meaning of your sentence? sometimes, but not really relevant Does it still make sense (though incorrect) after the autocorrect? ditto
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 197
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, this one has totally died on me, so I'm calling it off... We weren't that far away from a solution anyway.

*****SPOILER*****

Evidently, I have a lot of friends with unusual names. Unusual enough not to be in my iPhone's dictionary, anyway. So sometimes, I am offered a correction for the name I have just typed. And on more than one occation, these corrections have been AMusingly FItting COrrections. For instance, it suggested replacing my friend Annih (yes, that is the correct way of spelling it, apparently) with ANNOY, which made me laugh out loud because I know few other people who at times can be as annoying as Annih.

However, since my friends are likely not to be very amused by hearing that I consider them annoying (or whatever), I don't always tell them about the amusing corrections I have been offered for their names.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: