[Yojimbo] last words Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - November 2013 » [Yojimbo] last words « Previous Next »

Yojimbo (Yojimbo)
Username: Yojimbo

Post Number: 434
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He set a record, but died as a result.
Kayleearafinwiel (Kayleearafinwiel)
Username: Kayleearafinwiel

Post Number: 64
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Darwin Awards?
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 435
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kayleearafinwiel
Darwin Awards? not relevant; didn't exist at the time...

Post Number: 66
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

may I invoke the {LTPF lists of centuries & decades}?
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 440
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 1:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kayleearafinwiel
may I invoke the {LTPF lists of centuries & decades}?
I should make you find the easter egg pumpkin in "discovery" first, but I don't want to play that way... but I do urge you to find it. You'll perhaps feel SO clever when you do...
1950s
Irishelk (Irishelk)
Username: Irishelk

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 2:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he die right after setting the record? While doing it? Before?

Was he first to do something? Did he do something the most? The fastest? For the longest?

Could someone do it without dying? Or is it not very dangerous, and the death was a fluke?
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 444
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 2:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Irishelk
Did he die right after setting the record? fairly soon after While doing it? Before?
Was he first to do something? Did he do something the most? this - or so he claimed The fastest? For the longest?
Could someone do it without dying? they'd be pretty amazing, among other things... Or is it not very dangerous it's dangerous, and the death was a fluke? no
Irishelk (Irishelk)
Username: Irishelk

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 3:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could you do this once or a few times, but doing it a lot risks death? Or is pulling it off even once amazing? The thing that he'd done the most--had he done it once? Twice? 3-6 times? More than twenty?

Does it involve traveling somewhere? An animal? Something painful? Physical prowess/athleticism? A vehicle? Another machine/technology?
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 447
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 3:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Irishelk
Could you do this once unlikely or a few times, but doing it a lot risks death? Or is pulling it off even once amazing? and surviving? oh, yes The thing that he'd done the most--had he done it once? Twice? 3-6 times? More than twenty? he habitually did it, but very likely not to the extent that caused him to claim he'd set a record
Does it involve traveling somewhere? yope An animal? Something painful? not at first Physical prowess/athleticism? A vehicle? Another machine/technology? no to the rest
Redwine (Redwine)
Username: Redwine

Post Number: 620
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it involve eating? drinking?
Does it require equipment? Special clothing? Special surrounding?
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 453
Posted on Friday, November 01, 2013 - 12:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Redwine
Does it involve eating? drinking? this
Does it require equipment? Special clothing? Special surrounding? no, but in his case it notoriously did
Redwine (Redwine)
Username: Redwine

Post Number: 655
Posted on Friday, November 01, 2013 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a record concerning the amount of the alcohol drunk? The amount of water drunk?
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 457
Posted on Friday, November 01, 2013 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Redwine
Was it a record concerning the amount of the alcohol drunk? this The amount of water drunk?
this was a famous ending for a famous man... care to drill down and find out who he was?

Post Number: 81
Posted on Friday, November 01, 2013 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he have 18 straight whiskies?

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light?
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 458
Posted on Friday, November 01, 2013 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kayleearafinwiel
Did he have 18 straight whiskies? yes -- lovely $poil

*******SPOILER*******

Dylan Thomas, the great Welsh poet, quite drunkenly announced, at the Whitehorse Tavern in Greenwich Village, NYC, I have had eighteen straight whiskies I believe that is the record. And then he was thrown out onto the street and taken to the hospital, where he died. Aficionados of his work will pay him homage by sipping whisky there, as I have done.

my favorite of his poems is Fern Hill, and I once had the great fortune to direct a pretty stellar line-up of voice actors in Under Milk Wood, his "play for voices."
Kaylee
care to try to find the easter egg pumpkin in the thread of "discovery?" I already gave you a clue...

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: