[Doriana] She fainted II Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - November 2013 » [Doriana] She fainted II « Previous Next »

Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 283
Posted on Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She fainted when she saw the body.

This is part II of my "She fainted" series. Please also have a look at the first part as well as at my rulebreaker =) Enjoy!
Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 132
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 3:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Getting to the obvious first: is the body human? Is the body dead? Is the body in one piece?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 299
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 7:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Getting to the obvious first That's always safer on the LTPF: is the body human? Is the body dead? Is the body in one piece? yes to all
Jondahr (Jondahr)
Username: Jondahr

Post Number: 157
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cause of death:
Natural causes?
Suicide?
Accident?
Disease?
Murder?

Was the body male? Female? Relevant?
Did she find it indoors? Outdoors? Relevant?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 305
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cause of death: irrel, natural causes or disease are more likely than the others
Natural causes?
Suicide?
Accident?
Disease?
Murder?

Was the body male? Female? this Relevant? somewhat
Did she find "find" isn't really the appropriate word here, explore it indoors? yes Outdoors? Relevant? yes
Wizardofnz (Wizardofnz)
Username: Wizardofnz

Post Number: 950
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she know the person to whom the body belonged in life? Was it a relative? Did she know this person was dead?

Did she expect to see a body? Did she expect to see someone else's?

Did she see the body in her home? At someone else's home? At her place of work? At a public place? At a place where finding a body would not be too unusual in itself?
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 169
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she actually encounter the body in real life? Or see a photo of it? A drawing? A video?

Was she shown the body by someone?

Was it the sight of a dead body itself that shocked her? Or something about the body? Was she used to seeing dead bodies?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 307
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she actually encounter the body in real life? yes Or see a photo of it? A drawing? A video?

Was she shown the body by someone? yesish

Was it the sight of a dead body itself that shocked her? no Or something about the body? yope Was she used to seeing dead bodies? yes
Wizardofnz (Wizardofnz)

Post Number: 953
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could you please answer my questions as of Monday, November 11, 2013 - 8:47 pm?
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 172
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she see the dead body at a morgue? In a funeral? In a coffin/casket?

Did she work as an undertaker? Priest? Pathologist? Is her profession relevant at all?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 309
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she see the dead body at a morgue? In a funeral? In a coffin/casket? no to all

Did she work as an undertaker? no Priest? no Pathologist? no, but OTRT Is her profession relevant at all? yes
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 176
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does she work with the police? Or with some type of investigation? Or does she work in medicine? Is she a doctor?

Don't forget WiZ's questions!
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 311
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could you please answer my questions as of Monday, November 11, 2013 - 8:47 pm? Oops, sorry! Here we go...

Did she know the person to whom the body belonged in life? yes Was it a relative? yes Did she know this person was dead? yes

Did she expect to see a body? yes Did she expect to see someone else's? she didn't expect to see the body of anyone in particular

Did she see the body in her home? At someone else's home? At her place of work? this At a public place? At a place where finding a body would not be too unusual in itself? and this

Does she work with the police? no Or with some type of investigation? no Or does she work in medicine? yes Is she a doctor? not yet

Don't forget WiZ's questions! Apologies again...
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 180
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aaaahh, I think I know this one now. Would email you but I cannot access ny email from where I'm at right now, so I'll just sit back for now and see.
Wizardofnz (Wizardofnz)

Post Number: 956
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As do I, come to that. I hope there's someone else taking an active interest in this puzzle.
Redwine (Redwine)
Username: Redwine

Post Number: 837
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it a true story? Was the body complete, no parts missing? Did she, seeing the body, learn something shocking about her relative? About herself?
Was the body healthy (apart from the fact that it was dead)?
Was she studying medicine? Was she alone when she saw the body?
Was it her mother's body? Her sister's? Relevant?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 314
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it a true story? yes, although the original story doesn't specify whether she actually fainted upon seeing the body Was the body complete, no parts missing? yes Did she, seeing the body, learn something shocking about her relative? About herself? no to both
Was the body healthy (apart from the fact that it was dead)? assume yes
Was she studying medicine? yes Was she alone when she saw the body? no
Was it her mother's body? Her sister's? Relevant? her great aunt's, not really relevant
Redwine (Redwine)
Username: Redwine

Post Number: 850
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she see the body at the university? Was her whole group present?
Did she faint only because she saw the body of a relative instead of the body of a stranger?
Did someone comment somehow about the body?
Kalira (Kalira)
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 64
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Medical cadavers relevant?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 315
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she see the body at the university? Was her whole group present? yes to both
Did she faint only because she saw the body of a relative instead of the body of a stranger? yes
Did someone comment somehow about the body? no

Medical cadavers relevant? yes - I guess it's time for the

********SPOILER********

This is based on an incident "in early 1982 at the University of Alabama School of Medicine, where a student discovered that one of the nine cadavers presented to the class (but not the one she was assigned to dissect) was her great aunt." (quoted from snopes.com)

The story doesn't specify whether the girl actually fainted in that situation, but I think that's a good reason to faint.

Thanks for playing =)
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 195
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great story to make a puzzle of! I actually heard this from a friend of mine who is a medical student and was told this story during the dissecting class. And yes, I agree that would be a pretty good reason for fainting.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: