[Doriana] She fainted III Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - November 2013 » [Doriana] She fainted III « Previous Next »

Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 296
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She fainted when she read the e-mail.

This is based on a joke that is probably as old as e-mail itself. Early $poylers - please, well, e-mail =)

Feel free to have a look at "She fainted II" as well!
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)
Username: Yojimbo

Post Number: 555
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 8:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

emailed
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 301
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

emailed replied
Jondahr (Jondahr)
Username: Jondahr

Post Number: 158
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the email directed at her specifically? Or was it a mass mail? Did she know the sender?

Pure text email? Or any pictures or such?

Did she faint because she was frightened? Shocked?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 304
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the email directed at her specifically? no Or was it a mass mail? but not this either Did she know the sender? no, but...

Pure text email? yes Or any pictures or such?

Did she faint because she was frightened? Shocked? both
Wizardofnz (Wizardofnz)
Username: Wizardofnz

Post Number: 951
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the sender know her? Did she think she knew the sender? Was the e-mail mistakenly sent to her? Did the contents of the e-mail concern her? Did she know the person talked about in the e-mail, or the person to whom the e-mail was addressed?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 306
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the sender know her? no Did she think she knew the sender? yes Was the e-mail mistakenly sent to her? yes Did the contents of the e-mail concern her? no, but... Did she know the person talked about in the e-mail, or the person to whom the e-mail was addressed? no to both
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 171
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she shocked by the content of the mail? Or the fact that she had received it? Would anyone have been as shocked as her? Or was there something about her that made her reaction especially strong? Did she misunderstand something about the mail?

Is it relevant that she is a woman? Is her age relevant? Profession? Nationality?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 310
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she shocked by the content of the mail? Or the fact that she had received it? a combination of both Would anyone have been as shocked as her? no Or was there something about her that made her reaction especially strong? yes Did she misunderstand something about the mail? yes

Is it relevant that she is a woman? yes Is her age relevant? somewhat Profession? no, but... Nationality? no
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 179
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2013 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Her age:
Teens?
20s?
30s?
40s?
50s?
60s?
70 or above?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 312
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 9:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Her age:
Teens?
20s?
30s?
40s?
50s? This or older
60s?
70 or above?
Redwine (Redwine)
Username: Redwine

Post Number: 848
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Possible $poiler emailed.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 313
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Possible $poiler emailed. replied
Kayleearafinwiel (Kayleearafinwiel)
Username: Kayleearafinwiel

Post Number: 123
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is she a religious woman?
Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 140
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If this is the one I think it is, it's waaay older than email. Will lurk and see.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 317
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is she a religious woman? As in "a nun", no. As in "a woman who believes in God", yes.

If this is the one I think it is, it's waaay older than email. Will lurk and see. Ok =)
Wizardofnz (Wizardofnz)

Post Number: 1003
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she believe the letter came from someone deceased? Some kind of supernatural being? God or one of his celestial support staff?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 320
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she believe the letter came from someone deceased? yes! Some kind of supernatural being? God or one of his celestial support staff? no to these
Wizardofnz (Wizardofnz)

Post Number: 1004
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You said the content was relevant, so I'm assuming it wasn't the mere shock of receiving a missive from someone beyond the grave that made her faint.

Did it say something in the vein of 'Looking forward to seeing you soon' or 'Your appointment is in 7 days' or something in a similar vein?

You said it's relevant she's a woman. Did the subject of the e-mail concern conception or fertility, and she took it as a sign that she would be the next Mary of Nazareth?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 321
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 12:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You said the content was relevant, so I'm assuming it wasn't the mere shock of receiving a missive from someone beyond the grave that made her faint. correct

Did it say something in the vein of 'Looking forward to seeing you soon' or 'Your appointment is in 7 days' or something in a similar vein? yes!

You said it's relevant she's a woman. yes, but it's only relevant in connection with something else Did the subject of the e-mail concern conception or fertility, and she took it as a sign that she would be the next Mary of Nazareth? no

Very good round of questions!
Wizardofnz (Wizardofnz)

Post Number: 1005
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she think it was from her late husband?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 323
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she think it was from her late husband? yes

I think you have most of the necessary information. Anyone wanna put it together?
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 314
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I remember this one, I think... was it something like "Very hot down here, looking forward to seeing you soon"? And it was actually sent by a friend who had gone to Florida or something, not her late husband?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 325
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I remember this one, I think... was it something like "Very hot down here, looking forward to seeing you soon"? And it was actually sent by a friend who had gone to Florida or something, not her late husband? Yes, almost ... time for the

********SPOILER********

A couple decides to go to Florida to escape an especially cold winter. Due to their job schedules, the aren't able to fly there together, so the husband leaves a day earlier than his wife. When he arrives at their hotel, he decides to write an e-mail to his wife. However, he accidentally forgets one letter.

Meanwhile, a widow returns from her recently deceased husband's funeral and decides to check her e-mail for messages of condolence. After reading the first message, she screams and faints. Her daughter rushes into the room and sees the following message on the computer screen.

To: My loving wife
Subject: I've arrived

I know you're surprised to hear from me. The have computers here and I just want you to know I've arrived safely. Everything is prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to see you here!

P.S.: It's sure hot down here!

Thanks for playing =)
Jondahr (Jondahr)

Post Number: 232
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hahaha, that's great!

Loving this series. I for one would love to see more "she fainted"-puzzles!
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 327
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm running out of stories! But as soon as I find or make up a new one, I'll post it!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: