[psydkik] Housemates Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - November 2013 » [psydkik] Housemates « Previous Next »

Psydkik (Psydkik)
Username: Psydkik

Post Number: 558
Posted on Friday, November 15, 2013 - 12:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He didn't tell me - and he didn't even know - that his first few weeks living with Daniel hadn't been entirely enjoyable. But I knew. How?
Wizardofnz (Wizardofnz)
Username: Wizardofnz

Post Number: 1053
Posted on Friday, November 15, 2013 - 12:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are all the he's the same? Is he/Are they all human?

Is Daniel a human? Is he a flatmate? Adopted child/surrogate parent? Family member? Pet? A squatter? Some kind of disease or parasite? A kind of hallucinogenic mould?

Had Daniel deceived 'him', deliberately or otherwise? Did 'he' think he enjoyed living with Daniel? Were you privy to insider information?

Is your relationship with 'him' relevant? With Daniel?

DID HE KILL HIM?!? WITH HIS PANTIES?!?
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 561
Posted on Friday, November 15, 2013 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wizardofnz:

Are all the he's the same? No
Is he/Are they all human? No

Is Daniel a human? Yes

Is he a flatmate? Bit unclear which 'he' you're talking about so ask more questions if this isn't clear enough, but I would say yes, a pet is like a flatmate ;-)
Adopted child/surrogate parent? No
Family member? No
Pet? Yes
A squatter? No
Some kind of disease or parasite? No
A kind of hallucinogenic mould? Yuk. I mean No

Had Daniel deceived 'him', deliberately or otherwise? No
Did 'he' think he enjoyed living with Daniel? No
Were you privy to insider information? I was more knowledgable, but not 'insider' information, no

Is your relationship with 'him' relevant? No
With Daniel? No

DID HE KILL HIM?!? Thankfully not
WITH HIS PANTIES?!? Even more thankfully not! :-D
Redwine (Redwine)
Username: Redwine

Post Number: 972
Posted on Friday, November 15, 2013 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So the one living with Daniel is a pet, correct?
Is the one who did not tell you the same who did not know?
Is the pet an animal commonly kept in houses? Or something exotic like a snake? a spider? a lizard?
Does "he" who did not tell you live in the same house with Daniel and the pet?
Did you know, because you have had this type of pet and are familiar with how the first weeks with it look like?
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 574
Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 12:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Redwine:

So the one living with Daniel is a pet, correct? Yes

Is the one who did not tell you the same who did not know? No

Is the pet an animal commonly kept in houses? Yes

Or something exotic like a snake? a spider? a lizard? No

Does "he" who did not tell you live in the same house with Daniel and the pet? FA

Did you know, because you have had this type of pet and are familiar with how the first weeks with it look like? Yes
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 977
Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 1:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, is it safe to assume that:
He1 did not tell you, but knew?
He2 did not know?
He3 ("his" in the puzzle sentence) is a pet, living with Daniel?
Daniel - a human?
First weeks were not entirely enjoyable for the pet? for Daniel? for He1? for He2?

Is He1 a flatmate of Daniel and the pet?
Is He2 a flatmate of Daniel and the pet?
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 577
Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Redwine:

He1 did not tell you, but knew? Yes
He2 did not know? Yes
He3 ("his" in the puzzle sentence) is a pet, living with Daniel? Yes
Daniel - a human? Yes

First weeks were not entirely enjoyable for the pet? Correct
for Daniel? Incorrect
for He1? Correct
for He2? Incorrect

Is He1 a flatmate of Daniel and the pet? No / FA
Is He2 a flatmate of Daniel and the pet? No / FA
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1002
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is He1 Daniel? Is He2 Daniel? Did Daniel and the pet live in the same house/flat?
There are three people and a pet involved, correct?
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 581
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Redwine:

Is He1 Daniel? No
Is He2 Daniel? Yes
Did Daniel and the pet live in the same house/flat? Yes, in the same house

There are three people and a pet involved, correct? No
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1023
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, could we rewrite the puzzle sentence as follows:

"He didn't tell me - and Daniel didn't even know - that the pet's first few weeks living with Daniel hadn't been entirely enjoyable. But I knew. How?"

Is He1 the pet?
Is the pet cat? dog? Was the pet very young?
Is it relevant why were the first weeks not entirely enjoyable?
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)
Username: Yojimbo

Post Number: 607
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm confused, so I'm going to try to clarify the pronouns...

"He He1? didn't tell me - and he He2? didn't even know - that his He1? He2? first few weeks living with Daniel a HAM? hadn't been entirely enjoyable. But I knew. How?"

He1: HAM? the pet?
He2: HAM? the pet?
He1: can we name him Ivan?
He2: can we name him Sam?
generally, is the pet a mammal? a reptile? a bird? an amphibian?
specifically, is the pet a cat? dog? hamster? gerbil? guinea pig? mouse? rat? ferret? skunk? hedgehog? snake? bird? turtle? frog? other?
it's the [LTPF list of household pets]... or the start of it...
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 608
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I cross-posted with Redwine -- between our two Qs, we should end up with some clarification...
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 582
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Redwine:

So, could we rewrite the puzzle sentence as follows:

"He didn't tell me - and Daniel didn't even know - that the pet's first few weeks living with Daniel hadn't been entirely enjoyable. But I knew. How?" Correct

Is He1 the pet? Yes

Is the pet
cat? No
dog? No

Was the pet very young? No
Is it relevant why were the first weeks not entirely enjoyable? No

Yojimbo:

I'm confused, so I'm going to try to clarify the pronouns... I would apologise for confusing you only I admit it was somewhat deliberate ;-)

"He He1? didn't tell me - and he He2? didn't even know - that his He1? He2? first few weeks living with Daniel a HAM? hadn't been entirely enjoyable. But I knew. How?" See below

He1: HAM? No the pet? Yes
He2: HAM? Yes the pet? No
He1: can we name him Ivan? Sure, if it'll help
He2: can we name him Sam? No because he's already named Daniel

generally, is the pet
a mammal? Yes
a reptile? No
a bird? No
an amphibian? No

specifically, is the pet a cat? dog? hamster? gerbil? guinea pig? mouse? rat? ferret? skunk? hedgehog? snake? bird? turtle? frog? No to all

other? Yes. In the UK, the third (or fourth, depending on who you believe) most common pet after cats and dogs.

it's the [LTPF list of household pets]... or the start of it... Indeed - needs a bit of work still though!

*****Checkpoint*****

Taking the above answers, and using Yojimbo's naming of the pet, we now have:

He didn't tell me - and he didn't even know - that his first few weeks living with Daniel hadn't been entirely enjoyable. But I knew. How?

=

Ivan (Daniel's pet) didn't tell me - and Daniel didn't even know - that Ivan's first few weeks living with Daniel hadn't been entirely enjoyable. But I knew. How?
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 611
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I see I left rabbits off my list. Funny, too, since the little town where I live is overrun -- sort of -- with domestic rabbits which escaped from the local fairgrounds some years ago, and are doing fine "in the wild" on their own.
Is Ivan a rabbit?
Can we add that to the list-in-progress?
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 583
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yojimbo:

Is Ivan a rabbit? Yes

Can we add that to the list-in-progress? You can indeed - your list has improved :-)
The other pet vying for third/fourth on the list of most popular pets in the UK is 'fish' which I notice is also missing from your list, so you might like to add that one too ;-)
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 616
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I left out fish? I thought I remembered typing that...? So yes, please, let's add it, as well as goats, horses, pigs, sheep, donkeys, cattle... I'm sure we can think of others...
Are the nibbling habits of rabbits relevant? A friend's rabbit trashed a the copy of "The Deptford Trilogy" which I had loaned her.
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 584
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yojimbo:

Are the nibbling habits of rabbits relevant? No

A friend's rabbit trashed a the copy of "The Deptford Trilogy" which I had loaned her
Our rabbits have eaten the bottom 2ft of wallpaper around the house, have eaten the corners off a few odd pieces of post, have chewed off the buttons on one of our remote controls, chewed through my shoelaces, and a phone cable for a phone we left on the floor because it was destined for the bin, and have chewed the corner of the rug, carpet and curtain... very munchy creatures... but also very lovely! And actually mostly they only munch what they're meant to munch :-)
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 617
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know if this has been established:
were the first few weeks not entirely enjoyable for Ivan? For Daniel? For you?
Do you live with them?
Was Ivan a kit [baby rabbit] when he arrived?
Did Ivan leave little puddles, and Daniel had a cold, so he couldn't smell them? Or little pellets?
that scenario made for one other effective puzzle...
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1045
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it relevant how Daniel acquired Ivan?
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 585
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yojimbo:

were the first few weeks not entirely enjoyable for Ivan? Correct
For Daniel? n/a
For you? n/a

Do you live with them? No

Was Ivan a kit [baby rabbit] when he arrived? Irrelevant, but lets give Daniel the benefit of the doubt and say that he got his pet rabbit from a rescue centre rather than supporting the local pet shop in its ongoing quest to encourage the breeding of more rabbits than there are homes to put them - and that therefore he was one or two years old.

Did Ivan leave little puddles, and Daniel had a cold, so he couldn't smell them? Or little pellets? No, he was litter-trained.
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1046
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did Daniel know how to take care for Ivan?
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 618
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

you cross-posted with Redwine...
Is Ivan's food relevant? Was he allergic to carrots, or something else? Parsley?
Did Daniel not know because he was inexperienced at having a rabbit? But you knew, from your experience?
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 619
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

and now I cross-posted... and am likely cross-posting with you right now...
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 588
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2013 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Redwine:

Is it relevant how Daniel acquired Ivan? No

Did Daniel know how to take care for Ivan? Not well enough to keep him consistently happy

Yojimbo:

Is Ivan's food relevant? To the puzzle? No. To Daniel's rabbit's unhappiness? I don't know.
Was he allergic to carrots I don't know - I would assume not
or something else? I don't know; not relevant to the puzzle
Parsley? I don't know - I would assume not

Did Daniel not know because he was inexperienced at having a rabbit? Presumably
But you knew, from your experience? Yes
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1069
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2013 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did Daniel have only one rabbit? Is Ivan's accomodation relevant (I mean things such as where he was kept, what dimensions the container had etc.)?
Is rabbit hygiene relevant? Is petting the rabbit relevant?
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 591
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2013 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Redwine:

Did Daniel have only one rabbit? Yes

Is Ivan's accomodation relevant (I mean things such as where he was kept, what dimensions the container had etc.)? To the puzzle? No. To the rabbit's unhappiness? I don't know.

Is rabbit hygiene relevant? To the puzzle? No. To the rabbit's unhappiness? I don't know.

Is petting the rabbit relevant? To the puzzle? No. To the rabbit's unhappiness? I don't know.
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 634
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2013 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If Ivan had been a cat or a dog, let's say, would his first few weeks with Daniel have been not entirely enjoyable?
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1082
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2013 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was Ivan able to run/jump as much as he needed? If Daniel had two rabbits instead of just Ivan, would Ivan be happy during his first weeks?
Was Ivan happy later on? If yes, was it because Daniel change something in taking care for the rabbit?
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 593
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2013 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yojimbo:

If Ivan had been a cat or a dog, let's say, would his first few weeks with Daniel have been not entirely enjoyable? I have no idea if he would have been. I would also probably not have been able to ascertain the pet's unhappiness using the same method if he had not been a rabbit.

Redwine:

Was Ivan able to run/jump as much as he needed? I don't know

If Daniel had two rabbits instead of just Ivan, would Ivan be happy during his first weeks? I don't know

Was Ivan happy later on? I don't know

If yes, was it because Daniel change something in taking care for the rabbit? n/a
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1090
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2013 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you know why was the rabbit unhappy? or you just have a universal method of checking rabbit's happiness, regardless of the reason for unhappiness?
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 594
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2013 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Redwine:

Do you know why was the rabbit unhappy? No

or you just have a universal method of checking rabbit's happiness, regardless of the reason for unhappiness? No 'universal method', but I was indeed able to make the judgement in this particular case without knowing the reason for unhappiness
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 640
Posted on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 1:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does rabbit behavior, in general, noticeably alter when they're unhappy? Does unhappiness affect their eating habits? Amounts they eat? What they eat? Whether they eat things they're not supposed to eat?
Whether they leave pellets and puddles?
Do they seem listless, or otherwise less frisky?
Are they less cute?
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1098
Posted on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 9:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it have to do with warm/cold nose? Wet/dry nose?
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 595
Posted on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yojimbo:

Does rabbit behavior, in general, noticeably alter when they're unhappy? Yes - see below

Does unhappiness affect their eating habits?
It can do - but not relevant this time.

Amounts they eat? What they eat? Whether they eat things they're not supposed to eat?

Whether they leave pellets and puddles?

Do they seem listless, or otherwise less frisky?

Are they less cute?
They're always cute ;-)

Redwine:

Does it have to do with warm/cold nose? Wet/dry nose? No - same as humans, rabbits have a dry nose normally, and a wet nose is evidence of a snuffly cold.

Overall, Yojimbo is OTRT - rabbits often display a particular behaviour when they are unhappy - or more accurately when they are scared.

But the relevant behaviour to this puzzle is not to do with eating habits, toileting habits, being subdued, being less cute, becoming ill, or having any physical change to nose or other body parts.

If you get the general category, I'll reveal the exact behaviour.
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1104
Posted on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When they are scared, do rabbits: not sleep in proper time? not sleep as much as they normally do? jump/run different way? lose fur?
Does the relevant behaviour involve humans (like seeking or avoiding contact with humans)?
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 644
Posted on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is Ivan's respiratory rate relevant?
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 596
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Redwine:

When they are scared, do rabbits:
not sleep in proper time? No
not sleep as much as they normally do? No
jump/run different way? this is just about close enough - see below
lose fur? No
Does the relevant behaviour involve humans (like seeking or avoiding contact with humans)? No

Yojimbo:

Is Ivan's respiratory rate relevant? No

Because rabbits are social animals that live in groups, and because they are prey animals, they have developed a way to warn other rabbits of danger.

So a scared rabbit will raise its back legs up (like a little jump) and then slam them into the ground, hard. With the size of rabbit back feet, this makes quite a noise and a vibration. And it's fairly loud - loud enough to be heard easily upstairs in our house if one of our bunnies were to do it downstairs.
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1118
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, you have noticed Ivan raising/slamming his back legs so you knew he was scared. Daniel, unfamiliar with this rabbit habit, did not know. Ivan, obviously, could not tell it to you.
Is there more to it?
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 602
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Redwine:

So, you have noticed Ivan raising/slamming his back legs so you knew he was scared. No

Daniel, unfamiliar with this rabbit habit, did not know. Daniel did not know that this behaviour indicated that his bunny was scared.

Ivan, obviously, could not tell it to you. Correct

Is there more to it? Yes due to the 'no' above - Let me recap:

*****Recap*****

(Restatement of initial puzzle, using Yojimbo's naming convention: )

Ivan, Daniel's pet rabbit, didn't tell me (because he can't talk) - and Daniel didn't even know (because he doesn't know enough about rabbits to realise) - that Ivan's first few weeks living with Daniel hadn't been entirely enjoyable.

But I knew. How?

It is relevant that rabbits strike the ground hard with their back feet when scared, although I never saw this particular rabbit do this.
Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 170
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is Ivan the only rabbit in Daniel's household? Is this relevant?
Is Ivan kept in a hutch, or does he have free run of the house? Did you reach your conclusion from the state of his nest box?
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 604
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Solo1:

Is Ivan the only rabbit in Daniel's household? I don't know
Is this relevant? No

Is Ivan kept in a hutch, or does he have free run of the house? I don't know

Did you reach your conclusion from the state of his nest box? No
Kalira (Kalira)
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 71
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you see the rabbit in order to form your conclusion? Did you form your conclusion based on seeing Daniel? Any relevant bruising? scratching? Did you hear Ivan and form your conclusion? Were you in a location that contained both Daniel and Ivan when you formed your conclusion?
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 606
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kalira:

Did you see the rabbit in order to form your conclusion? No

Did you form your conclusion based on seeing Daniel? No
Any relevant bruising? No
scratching? No

Did you hear Ivan and form your conclusion? No

Were you in a location that contained both Daniel and Ivan when you formed your conclusion? No
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 72
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When you formed your conclusion, were you in a location that contained only Daniel? only Ivan? neither?

Did you ever see Ivan?

Was your conclusion based on something you saw? heard? felt? (smelled? tasted? sixth sensed?)
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 607
Posted on Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kalira:

When you formed your conclusion, were you in a location that contained
only Daniel? No
only Ivan? No
neither? Yes

Did you ever see Ivan? No

Was your conclusion based on something you saw? Yes
heard? No
felt? No
(smelled? tasted? sixth sensed?) (no no no)
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1121
Posted on Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did Ivan cause any damage by his striking the ground hard with their back feet when scared? Is your relation to Daniel relevant? Did you see Daniel's house to form your conclusion?
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 610
Posted on Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Redwine:

Did Ivan cause any damage by his striking the ground hard with their back feet when scared? I don't know

Is your relation to Daniel relevant? He is a friend of a friend - I don't really know him - but not relevant

Did you see Daniel's house to form your conclusion? No
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 649
Posted on Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does Daniel live in the flat above you? And you heard the stamping?
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1137
Posted on Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you see Daniel to form your conclusion? Did Daniel tell you about rabbit's behaviour? Did you saw Daniel buying something that would reduce the noise?
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 612
Posted on Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yojimbo:

Does Daniel live in the flat above you? I live in a house, so no
And you heard the stamping? No

Redwine:

Did you see Daniel to form your conclusion? No

Did Daniel tell you about rabbit's behaviour? Yope

Did you saw Daniel buying something that would reduce the noise? No
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 74
Posted on Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So you saw neither Daniel, nor Ivan. Did you see the apartment/flat where they coexisted? Something that at one point was in that flat?
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 613
Posted on Friday, November 22, 2013 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kalira:

So you saw neither Daniel, nor Ivan. Correct. I have never seen, nor spoken to, Daniel. I have never seen (nor spoken to!) Daniel's rabbit.

Did you see the apartment/flat where they coexisted? No

Something that at one point was in that flat? No
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1142
Posted on Friday, November 22, 2013 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The sigth that prompted your conclusion, was it sight of a person? of the situation? of an item? of more items?
Did you see it life? on TV? in the internet?
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 614
Posted on Friday, November 22, 2013 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Redwine:

The sigth that prompted your conclusion, was it sight
of a person? No
of the situation? No
of an item? No (well, I suppose you could call anything an 'item')
of more items? No

Did you see it life? Yes in that I was alive when I was looking at the internet...
on TV? No
in the internet? Yes
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 654
Posted on Friday, November 22, 2013 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you looking at email? a website?
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 618
Posted on Friday, November 22, 2013 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yojimbo:

Were you looking at
email? No
a website? Yes - Facebook
Yojimbo (Yojimbo)

Post Number: 656
Posted on Friday, November 22, 2013 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you see some post/posts referring to hind-stamping Ivan? as in, "My bunny's crazy! He stamps with his hind legs all the time, like Thumper, from that Bambi cartoon...!"
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 619
Posted on Friday, November 22, 2013 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yojimbo:

Did you see some post/posts referring to hind-stamping Ivan? as in, "My bunny's crazy! He stamps with his hind legs all the time, like Thumper, from that Bambi cartoon...!" You're both wrong and almost completely right at the same time! But no, Daniel did not refer to any actions his bunny had been making. You just need to do away with a thread-long FA instigated at your request ;-)
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1158
Posted on Monday, November 25, 2013 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did Daniel publish photos/movies of relevant rabbit behavior in Facebook? Did Daniel ask for help/advice with the rabbit?
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 75
Posted on Monday, November 25, 2013 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have been wondering for a little bit... Did you form this conclusion from something *your friend* (mutual friend with Daniel) did? rather than Daniel? something the friend posted on Facebook then?
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 620
Posted on Monday, November 25, 2013 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Redwine:

Did Daniel publish photos/movies of relevant rabbit behavior in Facebook? No - I have not seen the rabbit at all - not in person, not in a video or a photo or a painting.

Did Daniel ask for help/advice with the rabbit? No

Kalira

I have been wondering for a little bit... Did you form this conclusion from something *your friend* (mutual friend with Daniel) did? rather than Daniel? something the friend posted on Facebook then? No - it was something that Daniel posted. There was one key piece of information in what Daniel posted, that gave it away to me.
Kalira (Kalira)

Post Number: 76
Posted on Monday, November 25, 2013 - 8:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

FA instigated at Yojimbo's request specifically? The name of the rabbit? Did he actually name the rabbit Thumper?
Psydkik (Psydkik)

Post Number: 621
Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kalira:

FA instigated at Yojimbo's request specifically? The name of the rabbit? Did he actually name the rabbit Thumper? Spot on :-)

***************Spoiler***************

There are two people involved in this story: Daniel, and his new pet house-rabbit, called Thumper. So with that knowledge, let me rephrase the original question:

Thumper didn't tell me - and Daniel didn't even know - that Thumper's first few months living with Daniel hadn't been entirely enjoyable. But I knew. How?

The answer to this was that all I needed to know was that his name was "Thumper". (For the puzzle, I've gone with finding this out by noticing his status on facebook saying "My new housebunny is really cute - I've called him Thumper!", but any method would have worked.)

Clearly he had been named "Thumper" because he "Thumped" a lot - rabbits can thump by kicking down hard on the ground with their two huge back feet and it makes a fairly loud sound. They do this as a warning signal - it's to warn other rabbits that there's danger around and that they should consider running to hide.

So given the rabbit had been scared enough to thump enough for his thumping to be the predominant feature that named him, and given he was owned by someone with sufficiently little knowledge about rabbits to realise that's what the thumping was about, I think it's safe to say that poor old Thumper hadn't had the perfect start to pet-life.

Naming a rabbit "Thumper" is pretty much the same as calling a cat "Hisser" or a dog "Whimper", or your human child "Screamer" or "Petrified". Yet google it to realise how many people (Disney included!) choose that name.

Sadly although they are very common pets, it is also very common for them to be badly looked after - often stuck in a hutch at the bottom of the garden with no room to run around, and given the wrong food. :-(

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: