[GalFisk]Don't say that! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - February 2014 » [GalFisk]Don't say that! « Previous Next »

Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 21
Posted on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

People sometimes insist on talking with me in particular about a subject that doesn't interest me much. But I don't blame them, I blame my grandfather.
Lynne (Lynne)
Username: Lynne

Post Number: 5783
Posted on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is your grandfather still alive? Was he a war hero? (I'm estimating him to be around the age my father was/would be)
Alexanderhamilton (Alexanderhamilton)
Username: Alexanderhamilton

Post Number: 408
Posted on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is your grandfather's name relevant? His ethnicity? His life experiences? Is your grandfather famous?

Did you inherit something relevant from your grandfather (broadly speaking)?

Do the people who insist on speaking on the subject typically not know you well? Is your name relevant? Your appearance?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 23
Posted on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is your grandfather still alive? Was he a war hero? (I'm estimating him to be around the age my father was/would be) No to both.

Is your grandfather's name relevant? His ethnicity? His life experiences? Is your grandfather famous? Noish to "life experiences", no to the rest.

Did you inherit something relevant from your grandfather (broadly speaking)? Broadly speaking, yesish.

Do the people who insist on speaking on the subject typically not know you well? They know me reasonably well. Is your name relevant? Your appearance? No to both.
Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 296
Posted on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this your paternal grandfather or the maternal one? Relevant?

Post Number: 410
Posted on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this your paternal grandfather, or your maternal grandfather? Relevant?

Post Number: 411
Posted on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh geez, sorry about the creepy almost-unison response
Redwine (Redwine)
Username: Redwine

Post Number: 1407
Posted on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did your grandfather have a relevant hobby?
Do you live in the house where your grandfather used to live?
Do people who insist on speaking on the subject typically do this in the same location? The same circumstances?
Do people who insist on speaking on the subject share a common trait, besides knowing you reasonably well?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 299
Posted on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A.H., great minds, and all that...
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 24
Posted on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 8:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this your paternal grandfather or the maternal one? Relevant? Paternal, probably irr. Nice simulpost.

Did your grandfather have a relevant hobby? Not hobby, but explore.
Do you live in the house where your grandfather used to live? No.
Do people who insist on speaking on the subject typically do this in the same location? <b<no.</b> The same circumstances? Noish.
Do people who insist on speaking on the subject share a common trait, besides knowing you reasonably well? No, except enough interest in this subject to want to talk about it.
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1429
Posted on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is your grandfather's profession relevant? Did he make works of art?
Did your grandfather encourage you to start a relevant hobby of yours?
Solo1 (Solo1)

Post Number: 303
Posted on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So you have the same last name as your grandfather, but not the same first name, correct? Could this possibly be relevant?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 29
Posted on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 7:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is your grandfather's profession relevant? Did he make works of art? No to both.
Did your grandfather encourage you to start a relevant hobby of yours? No, but explore further.

So you have the same last name as your grandfather, but not the same first name, correct? Yes. Could this possibly be relevant? No.
Juiferrant (Juiferrant)
Username: Juiferrant

Post Number: 32
Posted on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 2:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do the people who try to talk to you about this subject know of your grandfather's existence? Do they know you are his grandchild?

Do these people assume you would be interested in this subject? Because you are a particular man's grandchild? Or do they make this assumption based on something else? You say they know you reasonably well, so appearance is probably irrelevant. Do they assume thus because of some detail of your biography? Of your personality?

Did this subject interest your grandfather?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 31
Posted on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do the people who try to talk to you about this subject know of your grandfather's existence? Do they know you are his grandchild? No to both.

Do these people assume you would be interested in this subject? Yes. Because you are a particular man's grandchild? No. Or do they make this assumption based on something else? Yes. You say they know you reasonably well, so appearance is probably irrelevant. Correct. Do they assume thus because of some detail of your biography? Of your personality? Not biography or personality, but getting warmer.

Did this subject interest your grandfather? Yes.
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1450
Posted on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you know much about the subject? If yes, is that because your grandfather told you much information about it, and the people assume that you are interested in it?

Is your grandfather recognized among the people who are interested in this subject?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 33
Posted on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you know much about the subject? More than the average person. If yes, is that because your grandfather told you much information about it, No. and the people assume that you are interested in it? But yes.

Is your grandfather recognized among the people who are interested in this subject? No.
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1460
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is religion relevant? Is politics relevant?
Do the people form their assumption, basing on any material item you own? Basing on something you do?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 35
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is religion relevant? Is politics relevant? No to both.
Do the people form their assumption, basing on any material item you own? No. Basing on something you do? Yes.
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1462
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you have a relevant habit?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 37
Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you have a relevant habit? Yes.
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1465
Posted on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 9:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did your grandfather also have that habit? Did he teach you that habit?
Is it a good habit? Bad habit? Is it connected with ecology? Saving resources? Eating? Drinking? Leisure? Keeping good condition?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 38
Posted on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 7:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did your grandfather also have that habit? Yes. Did he teach you that habit? No.
Is it a good habit? Yes. Bad habit? No. Is it connected with ecology? Saving resources? Eating? This. Drinking? Leisure? Keeping good condition?
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1486
Posted on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the habit has to do with:
what you eat?
when you eat?
where you eat?
what you do before eating?
what you do after eating?
Do you use some extraordinary cutlery for eating?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 48
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the habit has to do with:
what you eat? This, no to the rest.
when you eat?
where you eat?
what you do before eating?
what you do after eating?
Do you use some extraordinary cutlery for eating?
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1505
Posted on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is particular food product relevant? If yes, is it:
a crop product?
vegetable?
fruit?
a meat product?
a dairy product?
a sweet?

Is the relevant food eaten cold? hot?
Is the relevant food bought frozen?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 52
Posted on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is particular food product relevant? No.
If yes, is it:
a crop product?
vegetable?
fruit?
a meat product?
a dairy product?
a sweet?

Is the relevant food eaten cold? hot?
Is the relevant food bought frozen?
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1532
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 9:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is special diet relevant? Vegetarianism? Veganism?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 55
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

s special diet relevant? Vegetarianism? Yes, this. I'm a vegetarian. Veganism?
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1537
Posted on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was your grandfather also a vegetarian? Did he influence you to become a vegetarian?
Do people want to discuss vegetarianism with you? Do people assume that you also follow other relevant pro-ecological idea? Are people generally mistaken about why you are a vegetarian?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 58
Posted on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was your grandfather also a vegetarian? Yes. Did he influence you to become a vegetarian? Yope. Explore.
Do people want to discuss vegetarianism with you? Yes. Do people assume that you also follow other relevant pro-ecological idea? Irr. Are people generally mistaken about why you are a vegetarian? Yes.
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1540
Posted on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did your grandfather encourage you to try vegetarianism?
Are you a vegetarian for ecological reasons? Health reasons? Because you don't like meat?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 59
Posted on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did your grandfather encourage you to try vegetarianism? No.
Are you a vegetarian for ecological reasons? Health reasons? No to both. Because you don't like meat? Noish.
Hint: this puzzle is short on relevant people.
Konnie (Konnie)
Username: Konnie

Post Number: 42
Posted on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did your grandfather live with you while you grew up? Was meat not served as a result, so you simply have no taste for it? And people assume you are vegetarian for health/moral reasons?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 60
Posted on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did your grandfather live with you while you grew up? No. Was meat not served Correct. as a result, Incorrect. so you simply have no taste for it? Correct. And people assume you are vegetarian for health/moral reasons? Indeed.

When people hear that I am a vegetarian, they sometimes want to talk about health or ecology or how they could be a vegetarian if it wasn't for food X which sooo tasty.
I don't really care, I simply never ate meat, thus I don't like it, so I don't eat it.

Now we only need to find out how exactly I can blame grandpa.
Redwine (Redwine)

Post Number: 1548
Posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the meat not served to you by your Parents? By your Grandpa? Did your Grandpa start vegetarian diet in your family? If yes, is it relevant why?
Were there any relevant problems with buying or otherwise obtaining meat? Was your Grandpa vegetarian for health/moral reasons?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 61
Posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the meat not served to you by your Parents? By your Grandpa? Did your Grandpa start vegetarian diet in your family? This. If yes, is it relevant why?
Were there any relevant problems with buying or otherwise obtaining meat? Was your Grandpa vegetarian for health/moral reasons?
The rest is pretty much irrelevant.
My grandfather became a vegetarian (reason unknown, probably ethical or ecological, since he was a priest), and started the tradition in my family. My father brought it with him, and about half of my siblings stayed with it, including me.
I'm a vegetarian because that's what I'm used to, and don't really have much of an opinion about it, though many assume that I do.

This was inspired by a puzzle from some time ago, where someone was surprised that a person could be casually Jewish, and have no strong opinions about their faith.
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 62
Posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Forgot the ***SPOILER!***
And thanks for playing!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: