[Balin] Please do not mispronounce "h... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - February 2014 » [Balin] Please do not mispronounce "happiness" « Previous Next »

Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 437
Posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 5:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kale's public remark to Eliza made him seem like a pervert. How?
Konnie (Konnie)
Username: Konnie

Post Number: 52
Posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kale: HAM
Eliza: HAF
Were Kale and Eliza familiar with each other? A couple? Related?
Is Kale a pervert? Did Eliza understand the remark on a level that did not make him seem like a pervert?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 438
Posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kale: HAM Yes
Eliza: HAF And Yes
Were Kale and Eliza familiar with each other? Yes A couple? Possibly but irrelevant Related? Probably not
Is Kale a pervert? No Did Eliza understand the remark on a level that did not make him seem like a pervert? Yes
Konnie (Konnie)

Post Number: 53
Posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 2:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Going off the title, did Kale mispronounce a word?
Was a backstory needed to understand the comment's true intent?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 441
Posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Going off the title, did Kale mispronounce a word? No
Was a backstory needed to understand the comment's true intent? Not a "backstory" per se, but some information, yes
Konnie (Konnie)

Post Number: 55
Posted on Monday, February 03, 2014 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are either Kale or Eliza's jobs relevant? Religion? Hobbies?
Would the remark seem perverted if a stranger also watched him say it? If they has heard the conversation up to that point? After that point?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 444
Posted on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 1:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are either Kale or Eliza's jobs relevant? Religion? Hobbies? No to all
Would the remark seem perverted if a stranger also watched him say it? Yes If they has heard the conversation up to that point? After that point? FA
Konnie (Konnie)

Post Number: 61
Posted on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 2:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was Kale on the phone with Eliza? Or were they together, but this was the only spoken comment?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 447
Posted on Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was Kale on the phone with Eliza? No Or were they together, Yes but this was the only spoken comment? No
Irishelk (Irishelk)
Username: Irishelk

Post Number: 122
Posted on Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did Kale say something about Eliza's body? Facial features? Hair? Clothing? Where she lived? Sexual habits? Other behavior? Hm...internet browsing history?

Did he seem to be saying something about any of the above, but wasn't?

Did something he said suggest a fetish? Or that he was a Peeping Tom?

Did he ask a question?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 462
Posted on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 3:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did Kale say something about Eliza's body? Facial features? Hair? Clothing? This Where she lived? Sexual habits? Other behavior? Hm...internet browsing history?

Did he seem to be saying something about any of the above, but wasn't? No

Did something he said suggest a fetish? No Or that he was a Peeping Tom? Possibly this

Did he ask a question? No
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 5178
Posted on Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm working on a theory so bear with me...

Is Kale blind? Does he tell Eliza to describe what she is wearing in the manner that a user of telephone sex lines might ('so i've heard' he added hurridly.)
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 464
Posted on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 3:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm working on a theory so bear with me...

Is Kale blind? No Does he tell Eliza to describe what she is wearing in the manner that a user of telephone sex lines might No ('so i've heard' he added hurridly.)
Paul1440 (Paul1440)
Username: Paul1440

Post Number: 42
Posted on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the comment about a certain article of clothing?

Was it about her hat? coat? shirt? pants? socks/hose? shoes? bra? undergarment?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 468
Posted on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the comment about a certain article of clothing? Yes

Was it about her hat? coat? shirt? pants? This socks/hose? shoes? bra? undergarment?
Paul1440 (Paul1440)
Username: Paul1440

Post Number: 46
Posted on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok. I have a guess. Eliza was wearing tight pants and Kale asked "How do you get into your pants?" This was meant literally but could be misinterpreted as something sexual. Is that it? Am I close?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 470
Posted on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 4:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok. I have a guess. Eliza was wearing tight pants and Kale asked "How do you get into your pants?" This was meant literally but could be misinterpreted as something sexual. Is that it? Am I close? No, but nice logic.
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 5181
Posted on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is he trying to pay Eliza a compliment? Is the style of pants relevant? the colour? the fit? the length? Does what he says imply that he's been following what Eliza wears a little to closely?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 478
Posted on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is he trying to pay Eliza a compliment? No
Is the style of pants relevant? the colour? the fit? the length? This
Does what he says imply that he's been following what Eliza wears a little to closely? No
Konnie (Konnie)

Post Number: 74
Posted on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were the pants too long? Too short?
Were the pants too big for Eliza, so he something along the lines of, "I could fit in your pants" or "I can see myself in your pants" etc?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 479
Posted on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were the pants too long? Too short? Neither, but it is relevant that they are long pants
Were the pants too big for Eliza, so he something along the lines of, "I could fit in your pants" or "I can see myself in your pants" etc? Neither, good thought though
Konnie (Konnie)

Post Number: 87
Posted on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 8:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, just making sure, the pants fit Eliza fine?Is the style relevant? Bell-bottoms? Skinny jeans?
Did Kale's comment have to do with the pants' length? Did he ask a question?
Konnie (Konnie)

Post Number: 88
Posted on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 8:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just making sure, the pants fit Eliza fine, despite being long? Was she wearing Kale's pants? Or mens pants? Did he say something like, "Why are you in my pants?"
Style relevant? Bell bottoms? Skinny jeans?
Did Kale ask a question?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 484
Posted on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, just making sure, the pants fit Eliza fine? Yes Is the style relevant? No Bell-bottoms? Skinny jeans?
Did Kale's comment have to do with the pants' length? It had to do with the fact that they were long pants Did he ask a question? No

Was she wearing Kale's pants? No Or mens pants? No Did he say something like, "Why are you in my pants?" No
Irishelk (Irishelk)
Username: Irishelk

Post Number: 129
Posted on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 1:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he say that he wished her pants were shorter? Or that she wasn't wearing pants? Or imply either of those?

Is anything about the nature of their relationship relevant? If so, co-workers? Boss and employee? Friends? Competitors? Is one a client or customer of the other?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 5182
Posted on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does he mention her covering her legs and maybe that this was a shame?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 486
Posted on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did he say that he wished her pants were shorter? Or that she wasn't wearing pants? Or imply either of those? No to these

Is anything about the nature of their relationship relevant? If so, co-workers? Boss and employee? Friends? Assume this, and that they know each other very well Competitors? Is one a client or customer of the other?

Does he mention her covering her legs and maybe that this was a shame? No
Konnie (Konnie)

Post Number: 109
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is anything specifically about her legs relevant?
Birthmark, shaving, etc? Something e'd know, but not others?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 491
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is anything specifically about her legs relevant? No
Birthmark, shaving, etc? No Something e'd know, but not others? No
Konnie (Konnie)

Post Number: 111
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the comment an opinion? Observation? At all insulting to Eliza? At all complimentary?

Does Eliza normally wear pants? Long pants? Were these pants at all different from her normal wardrobe choice?

Were long pants appropriate for where they were? Appropriate for weather?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 492
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the comment an opinion? No Observation? Yes At all insulting to Eliza? At all complimentary? Neither

Does Eliza normally wear pants? No... Long pants? No... Were these pants at all different from her normal wardrobe choice? Yes...

Were long pants appropriate for where they were? Yes Appropriate for weather? Yes
Konnie (Konnie)

Post Number: 112
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm....Does Eliza normally wear skirts? Dresses? Shorts? Leggings?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 493
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm....Does Eliza normally wear skirts? Dresses? Shorts? Leggings? Any or all of these work. You have all the information you need to figure out what Kale said.
Konnie (Konnie)

Post Number: 113
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Why are you wearing pants?"
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 494
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Why are you wearing pants?" No, but you're getting there.
Konnie (Konnie)

Post Number: 116
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"I'm not used to seeing you in pants." "This is the first time I've seen you in pants."
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 495
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"I'm not used to seeing you in pants." "This is the first time I've seen you in pants." This one.

****SPOILER****

Eliza usually wears skirts or dresses, and her friend Kale knows this. So one day, when Kale came across Eliza wearing a pair of long pants, he blurted out, "This is the first time I've seen you with pants on." Of course, he said this in public, and listeners got a completely different meaning.

Nice work Konnie. New puzzle at the bottom.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: