[Nimue] Paved with good intentions Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - March 2014 » [Nimue] Paved with good intentions « Previous Next »

Nimue (Nimue)
Username: Nimue

Post Number: 9966
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The good intentions of Eliana's parents have given her a lifetime sleep problem. How come??
Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 415
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 1:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"lifetime" - due to something they did to her as a child?

I jokingly blame my tendency to fall asleep in moving vehicles (which can be an advantage sometimes, but not when you are driving) to the fact that my parents would take me for a drive when I was colicky and crying. Anything remotely like that?
Wizardofnz (Wizardofnz)
Username: Wizardofnz

Post Number: 1634
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 3:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does she sleep too much? Too little? At inappopriate times? Does she have nightmares? Does she sleepwalk, grind her teeth or do some other unfortunate action in her sleep?

Does this problem arise mainly for psychological reasons? Physiological reasons (principally apart from psychological)? Due to the conditions of her bed, bedroom or where she often sleeps?

Is medication involved? Did Eliana's parents tell her something well-meaning but unfortunate that led to the problems? Did they do something about her bedroom or her bed?
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 2954
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did they encourage everyone to be quiet when she was trying to sleep as a baby, so now she can't fall asleep except in silence?
Nimue (Nimue)
Username: Nimue

Post Number: 9967
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 415

Posted on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 1:05 am: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
"lifetime" - due to something they did to her as a child? yes

I jokingly blame my tendency to fall asleep in moving vehicles (which can be an advantage sometimes, but not when you are driving) to the fact that my parents would take me for a drive when I was colicky and crying. Anything remotely like that? No. Wev lived in Brooklyn & didn't even have a car.
Wizardofnz (Wizardofnz)
Username: Wizardofnz

Post Number: 1634

Posted on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 3:53 am: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Does she sleep too much? noToo little? yes At inappopriate times? noDoes she have nightmares? noDoes she sleepwalk, grind her teeth or do some other unfortunate action in her sleep? no

Does this problem arise mainly for psychological reasons? possibly Physiological reasons (principally apart from psychological)? ditto Due to the conditions of her bed, bedroom or where she often sleeps? yesish

Is medication involved? noDid Eliana's parents tell her something well-meaning but unfortunate that led to the problems? no Did they do something about her bedroom yesor her bed? no
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 2954

Posted on Friday, March 07, 2014 - 5:29 pm: Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)
Did they encourage everyone to be quiet when she was trying to sleep as a baby, so now she can't fall asleep except in silence? yes

********* SPOILER **********
Well, that was easy, alas!! Eliana's parents encouraged everyone to be quiet when she was trying to sleep as a baby, so now she can't fall asleep except in silence. I encourage you to checkout my new, harder (I hope!!) puzzle.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: