[Paul1440] Sequel to Ordinal Scrund Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - March 2014 » [Paul1440] Sequel to Ordinal Scrund « Previous Next »

Paul1440 (Paul1440)
Username: Paul1440

Post Number: 235
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In my last puzzle, I mentioned the commonly believed scrund that New York City consists only of Manhattan. Let's call this "Scrund 1".

There is another scrund (which I will call "Scrund 2") that is related to this one. Some people believe both scrunds and I find that quite ironic.

What is Scrund 2?
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 740
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is scrund 2 related to New York City? to New York State? to another city in the US?
Paul1440 (Paul1440)

Post Number: 240
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doriana (Doriana)

Is scrund 2 related to New York City? Partially to New York State? Yes to another city in the US? Partially, but don't get too caught up in this
Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 418
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is scrund 2 related to Brooklyn? The Bronx? or another borough?
Paul1440 (Paul1440)

Post Number: 241
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 2:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Solo1 (Solo1)

Is scrund 2 related to Brooklyn? This The Bronx? or another borough? And this
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 375
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 2:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the other borough Queens? Is it that Brooklyn and Queens aren't part of Long Island?
Paul1440 (Paul1440)

Post Number: 243
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)

Is the other borough Queens? Yes Is it that Brooklyn and Queens aren't part of Long Island?Yes

**********************SPOILER****************
Scrund 2 is that many people believe that Long Island consists of only Nassau and Suffolk counties in New York, when in reality it also includes Brooklyn and Queens.

Some people believe both scrunds, but they're really inconsistent with each other. The only reason that Brooklyn and Queens are often not thought of as part of Long Island is that they're part of New York City. (This seems like a silly reason to me, but I digress.) That's inconsistent with the first scrund that states that NYC=Manhattan. That's where the irony comes in.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: