[Jenny] Rural

An archive of solved lateral thinking puzzles.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[Jenny] Rural

Postby Jenny » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:57 am

Five friends lived in a village. One day, one of the friends committed a murder. Upon returning to the grave to check on the corpse, he discovered in wasn't there, as well as that the all evidence was gone. The next day, his friends told him he was there with them the whole time. What's going on here?

(This might be my favorite puzzle I hosted)
Jenny

Re: [Jenny] Rural

Postby irishelk » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:19 am

When the friends told him "he was there with them the whole time," do they mean the were with him when he supposedly committed the murder? When he went to check on the grave? Do the friends know about the murder? Are they trying to cover for him? Confuse him? Get him caught?

Is it relevant that they live in a village and not, say, a city?
irishelk

Postby Jenny » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:23 am

When the friends told him "he was there with them the whole time," do they mean the were with him when he supposedly committed the murder? Yes When he went to check on the grave? No Do the friends know about the murder? Yes Are they trying to cover for him? Yes Confuse him?No Get him caught? No

Is it relevant that they live in a village and not, say, a city? No

Well, it's pretty much solved......
Jenny

Postby Tiger » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:37 pm

Is this kinda like when you gossip with a friend and say "But you didn't hear this from me." and they'll play along and say "Hear what from you?"
So the friends are telling the guy "You were with us the whole time..." to cover up for the murder?

Do we need to figure out why the corpse/evidence is missing? I assume the friends somehow knew about it and cleaned it up promptly.
Tiger

Postby Jenny » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:50 pm

***********SPOILER************

See Tiger's post
Jenny

Return to Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles