(Jenny) Warriors

An archive of solved lateral thinking puzzles.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

(Jenny) Warriors

Postby Jenny » Tue May 16, 2017 4:10 pm

He was killed because of the line
Last edited by Jenny on Mon May 29, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny

Re: (Jenny) Warriors

Postby Grip » Tue May 16, 2017 6:44 pm

Line = queue? clothesline?
Grip

Postby android18 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:23 pm

He = H?A?M?
android18

Postby GalFisk » Tue May 16, 2017 9:38 pm

Line: string/wire/rope? Power line? Communications line? Battle line? A drawn line? Printed line? A typogtaphocal symbol? A letter? Part of a letter? Code? Morse? Bar code? Computer code? Spoken line? Line in a script? Book? Other text? Religious text? Law text? Brake line? Other hydraulics line? Other tube? Line of cocaine? Other drug for sniffing? Line of work? Rail line? Bus line? Other scheduled public transport? Airline? Geometrical line? Border? Road marking?
Was he murdered? Executed? Killed in war? By accident? Was anyone else killed because of the line? Killed for revenge? To hide someting? By bad luck?
GalFisk

Postby trebor » Wed May 17, 2017 6:14 am

Title relevant? Relevant that you left punctuation off the end of the statement?

Line: group of teammates in a sport?

Is he an actual person? A fictional person? Cartoon or comic character?

Is wordplay involved?
trebor

Postby Jenny » Wed May 17, 2017 7:56 am

Line = queue? clothesline? No to these

He = H?A?M? Yes to these

Line: string/wire/rope? Power line? Communications line? Battle line? A drawn line?Yope Printed line? A typogtaphocal symbol? A letter? Part of a letter? Code? Morse? Bar code? Computer code? Spoken line? Line in a script? Book? Other text? Religious text? Law text? Brake line? Other hydraulics line? Other tube? Line of cocaine? Other drug for sniffing? Line of work? Rail line? Bus line? Other scheduled public transport? Airline? Geometrical line? Border? Yes Road marking?

Was he murdered? Yes Executed? Killed in war? By accident? Was anyone else killed because of the line? Irr Killed for revenge? To hide someting? By bad luck?

Title relevant? Yes Relevant that you left punctuation off the end of the statement? No

Line: group of teammates in a sport? No

Is he an actual person? No A fictional person? Yes Cartoon or comic character? No

Is wordplay involved? No

Interesting info: The title was taken from a lyric of certain song. The lyric describes what happened before the situation described in the puzzle statement occurred.
Last edited by Jenny on Wed May 17, 2017 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny

Postby GalFisk » Wed May 17, 2017 8:01 am

Border between: nations? States? Cities? Municipalities? Church districts? Was a border: created? Removed? Moved? Changed? Guarded? Maps relevant? Geographical features? Such as a river? Coast? Mountain?
GalFisk

Postby Jenny » Wed May 17, 2017 8:04 am

Border between: nations? States? Cities? Yesish Municipalities? Church districts? Was a border: created? Yes Removed? Moved? Changed? Guarded? Yesish Maps relevant? No Geographical features? No Such as a river? Coast? Mountain?

(Well, these were difficult to answer without giving the solution away, hope I did it right)
Jenny

Postby GalFisk » Wed May 17, 2017 11:43 am

Crime relevant, apart from the murder? Gang territories? Drugs? Organized crime?
GalFisk

Postby Jenny » Wed May 17, 2017 1:51 pm

Crime relevant, apart from the murder? Gang territories? Drugs? Organized crime? No to all
Jenny

Postby kalira » Wed May 17, 2017 8:13 pm

RE: the "ish"es -- does this puzzle take place within a fictional world?
kalira

Postby Jenny » Wed May 17, 2017 9:13 pm

Does this puzzle take place within a fictional world? Yope
Jenny

Postby Balin » Fri May 19, 2017 10:47 am

Does this puzzle take place in a real world in a fictional universe? (i.e. a fictionalized version of Earth, like all those dystopian future young adult novels)
Balin

Postby trebor » Sat May 20, 2017 5:59 am

Is the border that was created one that is present on any real-world map currently? Has it ever been? Is the world yope-ishly fictional in the same way that a TV show like Breaking Bad or whatever is in a yopeishly fictional world? (As in, it is our world as we know it, but because of the existence of fictional characters, it isn't?) I hope that question makes sense. I feel like I'm either confusing the situation unnecessarily or that I've at least confused myself.

Was he aware of the border? Did he cross it willingly?

Is he (most known as) a character in a novel? Religious text? Poem? Song? Movie? Play? TV show? Folklore/oral tradition? Ad campaign? Was he created solely for the song from which you took the title?

Was he murdered immediately after crossing the border? The same day? Within a year?

Did he cross the border only once, relevantly? Is his purpose in crossing it relevant? Did he anticipate that crossing the border could lead to his murder? Was he murdered by someone he knew? Relevant who the murderer was? Had he not crossed the border would the person still have had cause to murder him? Would it have been more difficult for the murderer to commit the murder had OH not crossed the border? Is the profession of either of them relevant?
trebor

Postby Jenny » Sun May 28, 2017 4:35 pm

Does this puzzle take place in a real world in a fictional universe? (i.e. a fictionalized version of Earth, like all those dystopian future young adult novels) Yope

Is the border that was created one that is present on any real-world map currently? No Has it ever been? Yesish Is the world yope-ishly fictional in the same way that a TV show like Breaking Bad or whatever is in a yopeishly fictional world? (As in, it is our world as we know it, but because of the existence of fictional characters, it isn't?) I hope that question makes sense. I feel like I'm either confusing the situation unnecessarily or that I've at least confused myself. Yes

Was he aware of the border? Yes Did he cross it willingly? Yes

Is he (most known as) a character in a novel? Religious text? Yope, no to rest Poem? Song? Movie? Play? TV show? Folklore/oral tradition? Ad campaign? Was he created solely for the song from which you took the title?

Was he murdered immediately after crossing the border? Yes The same day? No Within a year? No

Did he cross the border only once, relevantly? Yes Is his purpose in crossing it relevant? Yes Did he anticipate that crossing the border could lead to his murder? Yope Was he murdered by someone he knew? Yes Relevant who the murderer was? Yes Had he not crossed the border would the person still have had cause to murder him? No Would it have been more difficult for the murderer to commit the murder had OH not crossed the border? No Is the profession of either of them relevant? Noish
Jenny

Postby Acridian9 » Sun May 28, 2017 7:48 pm

The legend of the founding of Rome by Romulus and Remus relevant?
Acridian9

Postby trebor » Mon May 29, 2017 9:00 am

I just realized that I kind of jumped the gun in assuming that he crossed the border, although I gather from your answers to my last round of questions that he did.

Was he trying to create a new border? Was he crossing an old one while doing so?

If Romulus and Remus aren't relevant, is other mythology?
trebor

Postby Jenny » Mon May 29, 2017 3:50 pm

Acridian9 wrote:The legend of the founding of Rome by Romulus and Remus relevant?

Yeah, that's the answer.

SPOILER

Oh, and the title alludes to the song 'Warriors' by Imagine Dragons. One of the lines is 'We are the warriors who built this town from dust', which they did.
Jenny

Re: (Jenny) Warriors [CROSSED]

Postby JenBurdoo » Tue May 30, 2017 1:46 am

More detail, please: How did Romulus and Remus cross a relevant line?
JenBurdoo

Re: (Jenny) Warriors [CROSSED]

Postby Jenny » Tue May 30, 2017 8:27 am

Well, Romulus made a border around the city. Remus crossed that border in order to mock him. Romulus got angry, decided to treat it as an attack on the city, and killed him to make a point it would happen to any future attacker, no matter who they were.
Jenny

Return to Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles