[Solong] Oh, blast.

An archive of solved lateral thinking puzzles.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[Solong] Oh, blast.

Postby Solong » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Aside from the international border with the U.S., (see my previous puzzle) Canada boasts another feature that can be seen from outer space.
Solong

Re: [Solong] Oh, blast.

Postby WiZ » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:26 pm

Is it on earth? In Canada? Is it large? Could it be seen from the ISS at the same level of magnification as the border? Is it visible in its own right, or due to the context around it? Is the feature a thing, or the absence of a thing? Is it natural? Man-made? Is it conceptual at some level? Can it be detected with the naked eye?
WiZ

Postby Earnest » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:17 pm

Is its flag on a satellite? Another object in the outer space?
Earnest

Postby Solong » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:35 pm

Is it on earth? In Canada? Is it large? Could it be seen from the ISS at the same level of magnification as the border? Yes to all. Is it visible in its own right, Yes. or due to the context around it? Is the feature a thing, Yes. or the absence of a thing? Is it natural?DOYD 'natural.' If you mean regularly occurring in unaltered nature, no. Man-made? No. Is it conceptual at some level? ??. Can it be detected with the naked eye? Yes, if the naked eye is close enough.
Solong

Postby Solong » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:36 pm

Is its flag on a satellite? Another object in the outer space?No. It is on earth.
Solong

Postby kalira » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:57 pm

Is the thing that can be seen from space composed primarily of living organisms? Trees?
kalira

Postby Solong » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:15 am

Is the thing that can be seen from space composed primarily of living organisms? Yes Trees? Could be trees associated with it, but not primarily.
Solong

Postby Solong » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:23 pm

Free hint: This feature is not a natural part of the landscape, but it is not man-made either.
Solong

Postby Earnest » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:06 pm

Can it be seen from the satellite image of Canada when there are weather forecastings? Ice involved? Is it something like made by other animals? Something that had been accumulated in the course or the years? Is it something moving? like flocks? Lights? Something caused by the movement of many animals? is it on the east coast of Canada? In the middle? It does not have a fixed position? In the sea of Canada?

Living organisms generally and mostly = animals? Plants? Human beeings?

With "can be seen from outer space" you mean that it can be seen in an unaltered "picture" of Canada from outer space for instance? Or just from particulare types of images (e.g. images heat sensitive or stuffs like that...not an expert)
Earnest

Postby Solong » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:24 am

Can it be seen from the satellite image of Canada when there are weather forecastings? Umm - I don't watch Canadian weather, but I think so. Ice involved?No. Is it something like made by other animals? YES. Something that had been accumulated in the course or the years? probably Is it something moving? like flocks? Lights? Something caused by the movement of many animals? No to all of these. is it on the east coast of Canada? In the middle? DOYD 'middle.' It does not have a fixed position? It has a fixed position. In the sea of Canada? No, on land.

Living organisms generally and mostly = animals? This.Plants? Human beeings?

With "can be seen from outer space" you mean that it can be seen in an unaltered "picture" of Canada from outer space for instance? Or just from particulare types of images (e.g. images heat sensitive or stuffs like that...not an expert) I'm not either, but I meant in the same way the border can be seen in my other puzzle.
Solong

Postby Earnest » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:02 am

Well I was thinking like a dam made by beavers which maybe created an "artificial" lake which could be seen from outer space...something like that
Earnest

Postby Solong » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:22 am

Well I was thinking like a dam made by beavers which maybe created an "artificial" lake which could be seen from outer space...something like that Yes, it is a beaver dam, located in a remote part of northern Alberta. It is 2800 feet long. Typical beaver dams are between 30-300 feet. It was started in the 1970s
I titled this 'Oh blast' because I didn't want to say 'Oh dam!'
Solong

Postby Earnest » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:35 am

Wow...ok so solved?
Earnest

Postby Solong » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:06 pm

Yes, that was the
************************SPOILER********************
Sorry, my brain congeals in November, doesn't thaw out till April.
Solong

Return to Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles