[Earnest] Meeting strangers

An archive of solved lateral thinking puzzles.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[Earnest] Meeting strangers

Postby Earnest » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:27 am

I premise that yhis is a possible quikie

Recently I've met an italian foreigner in Italy. Please explain
Earnest

Re: [Earnest] Meeting strangers

Postby GalFisk » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:39 am

WAG: Did you meet my nephew Antonino? My half-sister married an Italian and they raised their family in Sicily; two of the kids look Italian, but Antonino looks totally Swedish.

Foreigner: person from another country? Person with another primary language? Person not knowing Italian? Is the foreigner H? A? M?

WAG 2: was it an Italian breed of animal born and raised outside Italy?
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:50 am

WAG: Did you meet my nephew Antonino? My half-sister married an Italian and they raised their family in Sicily; two of the kids look Italian, but Antonino looks totally Swedish. no waaay!well it is a no to the WAG but a yes to the pleasure that it would be to meet him! Anyhow I live a little further from Sicily

Foreigner: person from another country? difficult to answer...I would say noish...explorePerson with another primary language? Person not knowing Italian?no to those two Is the foreigner H? A? M?H/A/irr but in my case was a female

WAG 2: was it an Italian breed of animal born and raised outside Italy?very nice WAG2 but no
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:26 pm

Did she have a foreign: name? Accent? Clothing? Haircut? Makeup? Custom? Object? Mannerism? Relevant which foreign country she was associated with?
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:55 pm

Did she have a foreign: name? Accent? Clothing? Haircut? Makeup? Custom? Object? Mannerism? no sortyRelevant which foreign country she was associated with?...not really WHICH country...
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:37 pm

Relevant which region? Which culture? Is she a foreigner because of something she does? Says? Wears? Something you see? Hear? Is she born and raised in Italy? If so, relevant where?
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Relevant which region? Which culture? no theseIs she a foreigner because of something she does?thisish...but pay attention not to be mislead Says? Wears? Something you see? Hear?no to rest Is she born and raised in Italy?YES with an -ish on raised...explore If so, relevant where?no...I promise that this can work with all EU countries. No specific knowledges of Italy are necessary
Earnest

Postby Balin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:40 pm

Was she born on land within the physical borders of Italy? Was she born outside the country but on land designated as Italy's? In an embassy?
Balin

Postby Earnest » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:37 pm

Was she born on land within the physical borders of Italy?yes Was she born outside the country but on land designated as Italy's? In an embassy?no to these
Earnest

Postby trebor » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:18 pm

Does she seem in-Italian because of something g she does? Because of something she doesn’t do? Are her parents relevant? Her work? Her education? Is it relevant how you know her?
trebor

Postby Earnest » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:25 am

Does she seem in-Italian because of something g she does? Because of something she doesn’t do? Are her parents relevant? Her work? no to theseHer education? Is it relevant how you know her?but VERY RELEVANT those last two!
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:45 pm

Did you first meet her in Italy? Did you get to know her through work? Friends? Education? Family? The internet? Travel? Was she educated in a foreign country? By a foreign educator? As part of a foreign class?
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Did you first meet her in Italy? yesDid you get to know her through work? Friends? Education?THIS Family? The internet? Travel? Was she educated in a foreign country? YESBy a foreign educator? As part of a foreign class? yes

already close to the solution...if you want last thing to figure out is...why an italian girl educated ina foreign country was attending a class in Italy?
Earnest

Postby trebor » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:12 pm

Was one of her parents in the military? Or a diplomat? Did the family have to move frequently? Was she an adult when she took this class? Was she a spy? Did she have to get certification for something? Was she taking the class with other foreigners? Were you also taking the class?
trebor

Postby GalFisk » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:23 pm

Was she on a class trip? Was she an exchange student?
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:19 am

Was she on a class trip? Was she an exchange student?got it

$POILER:
She was an italian student enrolled in France who made the Erasmus project (sort of exchange student) in Italy
Earnest

Postby Balin » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:15 pm

That's pretty cool.
Balin

Return to Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles