[Dukhsan] Deepest Sanctum

An archive of solved lateral thinking puzzles.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[Dukhsan] Deepest Sanctum

Postby dukhsan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:16 am

No idea how long it'll take to solve, at the risk of evoking the spirit of early conclusions.

Hail, Hercules, liquefied beautiful badassery containing no ominous fortune: neutral, national mgmt. Although Siamese protests support cloistering Argentina's king, callous scarecrows, timing violently crashing mnemonics, feed concubines night cures. Znojmo gapes, gelid as secret breezes.

There is a method to this madness.
Last edited by dukhsan on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
dukhsan

Re: [Dukhsan] Deepest Sanctum

Postby Earnest » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:44 am

Is it a pun? Is it a speech? A sentence with a meaning? Cryptography relevant? Hail as the nazi greeting? Hercules = the hero of ancient greek? Mgmt has a sense? Have actually the letters m g m and t put in that order a sense? Or do they represent other letters? Relevant that sone words begin with the same letter?(beautiful badassery, neutral national...) does it happen with a regularity?
Earnest

Postby peter365 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:12 am

I'm sending you a PM with an early spoyler
peter365

Postby invisiblemimsy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:23 am

King’s royal servant = you? Znojmo?
invisiblemimsy

Postby dukhsan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:35 pm

peter365 did get it right in a PM.

Is it a pun? Not what I would consider one. Is it a speech? No. A sentence with a meaning? Yes. Cryptography relevant? Not a cipher, if that's what you mean. Maybe in an odd way? Hail as the nazi greeting? Not what I was going for. Hercules = the hero of ancient greek? Yes, but irrelevant. Mgmt has a sense? Short for management, but the full word is irrelevant. Have actually the letters m g m and t put in that order a sense? See the last question. Or do they represent other letters? No. Relevant that some words begin with the same letter? (beautiful badassery, neutral national...) No, not by design. does it happen with a regularity? There is no pattern with certain letters repeating over and over again, but this thinking may be sort of on the right track.

King’s royal servant = you? No. Znojmo? A place in the Czech Republic, though knowing that is irrelevant.
dukhsan

Postby invisiblemimsy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:15 pm

I've just tried to send you a PM, but I don't think it sent properly. If you haven't received it, can you message me?
invisiblemimsy

Postby dukhsan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:40 pm

I've just tried to send you a PM, but I don't think it sent properly. If you haven't received it, can you message me? Replied, and nice work. For everyone else, there is something I didn't notice in responding to a prior guess.
dukhsan

Postby GalFisk » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:18 pm

Is it a rewriting/obfuscation of something well-known?
Liquefied: melted? Blended? Soaked? Dissolved? Disintegrated? Quicksand?
Badassery: heroism? Strength? Endurance? Courage?
GalFisk

Postby dukhsan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:35 pm

Is it a rewriting/obfuscation of something well-known? Yes to obfuscation.
Liquefied: melted? Blended? Soaked? Dissolved? Disintegrated? Quicksand?
Badassery: heroism? Strength? Endurance? Courage? For both of these: The exact definitions are irrelevant.
dukhsan

Postby Balin » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:49 pm

Are any of the following relevant:
Length of words?
First letter of words?
Last letter of words?
Length of sentences?
Capitalized letters?
Balin

Postby dukhsan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:30 pm

Are any of the following relevant:
Length of words? As written, no. There is technically a limitation for some of the words, but this is basically irrelevant.
First letter of words? Yes.
Last letter of words? No.
Length of sentences? No.
Capitalized letters? No.
dukhsan

Postby biograd » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:07 am

I got this one--knowing my background I was bound to see it at some point.

I would object to the idea that the sentences "have meaning"--you could probably come up with a way the sentences themselves mean something, but that's not what's relevant here.
biograd

Postby dukhsan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:34 am

I got this one--knowing my background I was bound to see it at some point. Well done.

I would object to the idea that the sentences "have meaning"--you could probably come up with a way the sentences themselves mean something, but that's not what's relevant here. I suppose it's a meaning in that there is more than initially meets the eye. Even with more options than simple yes/no, it was a bit of an odd one to answer truthfully, but I'll certainly say going forward that the concepts of the sentences themselves do not need deep analysis.
dukhsan

Postby Earnest » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:40 am

So is it wise to analyse each sentece separtely? I mean do each sentence till the full stop have a meaning? Are the words relevant at all? Is it a romance? Is it a book in literature? A stream if consciousness? Like Ulysses?

Is it something like the literal translation of something? Looks like a "google translator" translation ahahahaah
Earnest

Postby dukhsan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:33 pm

So is it wise to analyse each sentece separtely? This is not necessary, just the whole thing at once. I mean do each sentence till the full stop have a meaning? No. Are the words relevant at all? Something about them is. Is it a romance? Is it a book in literature? A stream if consciousness? Like Ulysses? None of these.

Is it something like the literal translation of something? Looks like a "google translator" translation ahahahaah There are some REALLY funny Google Translate things out there, indeed - this puzzle is not one of them.
dukhsan

Postby Earnest » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:28 pm

Are allitterations relevant? Is the method mainly aimed to give a sense to this madness? Are the characters cited here (Hercules, argentina's king...) casual? Is the method something those words have in common? A book where they are contained? Their translation in another language? First letter of words relevant = as they are disposed now is it evident? Are the words disposed in a certain order based on their first letter? Last letter? Relevant that liquefied and beautiful have more or less the same letters except for the d? Are acronyms relevant?
Earnest

Postby dukhsan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:05 am

Are allitterations relevant? No. Is the method mainly aimed to give a sense to this madness? Yes, you are looking for why the text is the way it is. Are the characters cited here (Hercules, argentina's king...) casual? The characters are irrelevant, just the words representing them. Is the method something those words have in common? On the right track. A book where they are contained? Their translation in another language? Neither of these. First letter of words relevant = as they are disposed now is it evident? The beginnings of the words are the focus. Are the words disposed in a certain order based on their first letter? Yes, but there's more to it for certain words. Last letter? Relevant that liquefied and beautiful have more or less the same letters except for the d? No, but interesting question. Are acronyms relevant? No, not in any way I've seen acronyms used.
dukhsan

Postby Earnest » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:45 am

Ryhmes relevant? Is it more useful to read it in the way it is written? From the end to the beginning? In front of a mirror?
Are also second letters relevant? Would it be safe to look for a rule for any word with same initial letter? Are other names hidden here?

Is the rule sonething words with the same initial letter hace in common? Something every word have in common? Is the something in common: letters? Pronunciation? Hidden words already written in the right way inside each word? Hidden words written with exchanged letters in each word? Hidden words written in a way in somwords and in another way in others? Sonething that could be discovered by changing the first letter of each word? If so with the subsequent letter in alphabet? The previous? Another? Number of vowels relevant? Order of vowels? Number of non vowels? Order? Are all letters of alphabet in it?
Earnest

Postby dukhsan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:15 pm

Ryhmes relevant? No. Is it more useful to read it in the way it is written? Yes. From the end to the beginning? In front of a mirror? Neither.
Are also second letters relevant? Sometimes! Would it be safe to look for a rule for any word with same initial letter? Not that I can think of. Are other names hidden here? Only the answer to the puzzle itself is intentionally hidden here.

Is the rule sonething words with the same initial letter hace in common? No; two words both starting with C, for example, do not need to be compared to each other. Something every word have in common? Yes. Is the something in common: letters? Most of the letters in the passage are irrelevant. Pronunciation? No.

Hidden words already written in the right way inside each word? No, but explore from here.
Hidden words written with exchanged letters in each word? No.
Hidden words written in a way in somwords and in another way in others? No.
Sonething that could be discovered by changing the first letter of each word? No. If so with the subsequent letter in alphabet? The previous? Another? None of these. Number of vowels relevant? Order of vowels? Number of non vowels? Order? Are all letters of alphabet in it? As far as I can see, none of these matter - focus on the first letter or two.
dukhsan

Postby Earnest » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:48 am

Like in words with two letters (as and no) do both letters matter? Are they a connection?

Chemical elements relevant? (...ok I know their initials letters in italian but it could be that most of them originating from latin names are the same also in english...so I'll try this guess)
Is the disposal of words in this way form a certain order? Like for instance the initials of certain objects/places/persons/elements that myst be ordered in such a way following a certain criterion?(e.g. chemical elements, places from the eastern to the western one or viceversa, initials of us presidents from the oldes to the youngest...)
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:42 am

Is it the periodic system in order of atomic number?
GalFisk

Postby dukhsan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:14 am

Like in words with two letters (as and no) do both letters matter? Are they a connection?

Chemical elements relevant? (...ok I know their initials letters in italian but it could be that most of them originating from latin names are the same also in english...so I'll try this guess)
Is the disposal of words in this way form a certain order? Like for instance the initials of certain objects/places/persons/elements that myst be ordered in such a way following a certain criterion?(e.g. chemical elements, places from the eastern to the western one or viceversa, initials of us presidents from the oldes to the youngest...)

Is it the periodic system in order of atomic number?

Both of you contributed in these last two posts - the secret is indeed the periodic table in order of elements. Well done.

******************SPOILER******************

The words start with the symbols for the chemical elements - Hail, Hercules for hydrogen and helium, followed by Li for lithium, Be for beryllium, all the way up to Br for bromine. This was noticed immediately by a few folks - when I first came up with it years back, it did seem like a 'you see it or you don't' - and hit some snags due to Znojmo/mgmt. Basically impossible to continue all the way down the periodic table like this while using the full chemical symbols to start (English) words, or probably even if I tried a range of worldwide terminologies in the case of the weirder symbols.

Hopefully this style of puzzle can inspire someone to come up with a similar hidden code. Thanks for participating, and for the early PMs. Great work.
dukhsan

Re: [Dukhsan] Deepest Sanctum (DECODED)

Postby Earnest » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:49 am

Wow...did not think that my very poor knowledge of chemistry came up to be useful again ahhahaha. Very nice puzzle Dukhsan...I like that kind of format!
Earnest

Re: [Dukhsan] Deepest Sanctum (DECODED)

Postby peter365 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:51 am

NIce work Dukhsan

it's a funny one because the solution struck me immediately but had it not i'd imagine I'd have gotten very bogged down and confused. .
peter365

Return to Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles