[GalFisk] 99 bottles

An archive of solved lateral thinking puzzles.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[GalFisk] 99 bottles

Postby GalFisk » Tue May 22, 2018 5:14 am

Thanks to the beer, I was able to fix the bike.
Last edited by GalFisk on Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
GalFisk

Re: [GalFisk] 99 bottles

Postby Doriana » Tue May 22, 2018 12:28 pm

The beer = beer you drank? beer someone else drank? a bottle of beer? a crate of beer?

bike = bicycle? motorbike? your bike? someone else's bike?
Doriana

Postby GalFisk » Tue May 22, 2018 5:32 pm

The beer = beer you drank? No. beer someone else drank? No. a bottle of beer? a crate of beer? This.

bike = bicycle? Yes (ish). motorbike? your bike? someone else's bike? Mine, but used by others.
GalFisk

Postby invisiblemimsy » Tue May 22, 2018 6:00 pm

Was it a tricycle? A tandem bike? A bike which would take more than two people? A bike which, when pedalled by people in silly hats, generated enough energy to power a hifi system? A gym bike?

Were you the sole repairer? If not, number of repairers [list of numbers]? Did you pay bike-repairer/s in beer? Did you soak rusty nuts and bolts in beer to clean them? Did the beer serve an alcoholic purpose, a mechanical one, other?

Was it a group bike? Loan or hire bike?
invisiblemimsy

Postby GalFisk » Tue May 22, 2018 7:09 pm

Was it a tricycle? A tandem bike? A bike which would take more than two people? A bike which, when pedalled by people in silly hats, generated enough energy to power a hifi system? A gym bike? No to all, though I like your silly hat energy idea.

Were you the sole repairer? Yes. If not, number of repairers [list of numbers]? Did you pay bike-repairer/s in beer? Did you soak rusty nuts and bolts in beer to clean them? No to all. Did the beer serve an alcoholic purpose, Yes. a mechanical one, No, but... other? Yes.

Was it a group bike? Loan or hire bike? No to both.
GalFisk

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Tue May 22, 2018 7:55 pm

was the banana relevant?

is skydiving relevant at all?

hello Galfisk, guess what, I've been reading old puzzles at the other site. Could you tell?
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby invisiblemimsy » Tue May 22, 2018 10:15 pm

Is the title relevant in any way?
I'm trying to think of uses for beer that are not mechanical...
Chemical? As a bribe? Medical? Was the crate itself used for anything besides carrying the beer?
Was the bike yesishly a bike because it was a whole bunch of separate parts? Taken from broken bikes? Contributed by others?
Was the beer noteworthy in any way, e.g. homebrew, a particular brand or type, some other thing?
Is it fair to say that WITHOUT the beer, you would not have been able to fix the bike?
invisiblemimsy

Postby GalFisk » Wed May 23, 2018 2:48 pm

was the banana relevant? No.

is skydiving relevant at all? Yes

hello Galfisk, guess what, I've been reading old puzzles at the other site. Could you tell? Hello, yes I can tell. Lots of good reading there.

Is the title relevant in any way? No.
I'm trying to think of uses for beer that are not mechanical... Go on...
Chemical? No. As a bribe? No, but OTRT. Medical? No. Was the crate itself used for anything besides carrying the beer? No.
Was the bike yesishly a bike because it was a whole bunch of separate parts? Taken from broken bikes? Contributed by others? No to all.
Was the beer noteworthy in any way, e.g. homebrew, a particular brand or type, some other thing? No, but. OTRTish.
Is it fair to say that WITHOUT the beer, you would not have been able to fix the bike? Without the beer, the fix would be less good or take more time.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Thu May 24, 2018 7:52 am

Did you use the bottle? A part of the bottle? The liquid (beer itself)? Both?...fix = the bike was broken? Relevant which part? Is it something like using the coke for the rust? Btw...what is bribe?

Did you exploit the properties of beer? Did you fix the wheels of the bike with beer? The handlebars? Fork? A tube? A cable? Others?
Or did you use the beer to avoid that something/someone destroys your efforts in fixing the bike? (E.g. as an alarm...) was the bottle of beer put sonewhere relevant?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Thu May 24, 2018 12:48 pm

Did you use the bottle? A part of the bottle? The liquid (beer itself)? Both? No to all....fix = the bike was broken? Yes. Relevant which part? Noish. It was a key power switch.Is it something like using the coke for the rust? No. Btw...what is bribe? A bribe is giving money or other stuff in return for economic or political favors.

Did you exploit the properties of beer? Did you fix the wheels of the bike with beer? The handlebars? Fork? A tube? A cable? Others? No to all.
Or did you use the beer to avoid that something/someone destroys your efforts in fixing the bike? (E.g. as an alarm...) No. was the bottle of beer put sonewhere relevant? Yes - but not a bottle.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Thu May 24, 2018 1:33 pm

So like you offer a beer to someone in order him to fix your bycicle? The beer was used in its main aim? (As sonething used to be drunk?)
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Fri May 25, 2018 4:58 am

So like you offer a beer to someone in order him to fix your bycicle? Irr - the beer was not a bribe, and not given to someone for fixing the bicycle. The beer was used in its main aim? Yes. (As sonething used to be drunk?) Yes.
GalFisk

Postby invisiblemimsy » Sat May 26, 2018 1:31 am

Was the beer one of those with a worm in it? Did you feed the beer to critters, or indeed anyone? Were there critters residing inside the bike frame or tires?

Was the beer simply a refreshment for those involved in mending the bike, bystanders, suppliers of parts or tools?

Was the can used as a component in the repair, e.g. a housing for wires, a new tube or... (that's pretty much the sum of my knowledge of bikes and fixing). Did it need to be metal?
invisiblemimsy

Postby GalFisk » Sat May 26, 2018 6:17 am

Was the beer one of those with a worm in it? No. Did you feed the beer to critters, No. or indeed anyone? Yes (though "feed" isn't the word I'd use). Were there critters residing inside the bike frame or tires? No critters.

Was the beer simply a refreshment for those involved in mending the bike, bystanders, suppliers of parts or tools? No to all.

Was the can used as a component in the repair, e.g. a housing for wires, a new tube or... (that's pretty much the sum of my knowledge of bikes and fixing). No. Did it need to be metal? Not necessarily, but metal worked best. Beware of FA.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Sat May 26, 2018 7:23 am

Relevant the kind of beer? Was the beer in a bottle right? Could it have been also in a glass? In cans? In barrels? In a tir transporting it? "Thanks to the beer"=thanks to a specific beer? Thanks to the beer in general? Was there more than a beer container?

Did someone drink the beer? If so before the bike was fixed? After? During? Did you fix your bike in the garage of your house? In the street? Was a beer advertised relevantly?Did you spend minutes to repair the bike? Hours? Days? Were you riding your bike and needed to stop?
If the beer was in a can, did you find it in the trash? In the fridge? Was it full of beer? Could it have been coke/other drinkages with gas or did it need to be beer? Was there a relevant image/brand? Did you exploit a part of the can? The entire can? Did you use the entire can or did you slice it in pieces? Did beer prevent someone to steal you the bike? Did beer led someone to be drunk so that he/she was unable to do something with your bike? Did beer allow you to fix the bike directly (providing missing parts of it as substitutes) or indirectly (e.g. preventing something to happen and thus allowing you to repair the bike?)
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Sat May 26, 2018 4:44 pm

Relevant the kind of beer? No. Was the beer in a bottle right? No. Could it have been also in a glass? No. In cans? Yes, it was in cans. In barrels? No In a tir transporting it? No. "Thanks to the beer"=thanks to a specific beer? Yes, but not a specific can.. Thanks to the beer in general? No. Was there more than a beer container? There was more than one can of beer.

Did someone drink the beer? Yes. If so before the bike was fixed? This After? During? Did you fix your bike in the garage of your house? In the street? Irr. Was a beer advertised relevantly? No. Did you spend minutes to repair the bike? Hours? Days? Maybe an hour, but irr. Were you riding your bike and needed to stop? No.
If the beer was in a can, did you find it in the trash? In the fridge? No to both. Was it full of beer? Before it was drunk, yes. Could it have been coke/other drinkages with gas or did it need to be beer? It had to be beer. Was there a relevant image/brand? Did you exploit a part of the can? The entire can? Did you use the entire can or did you slice it in pieces? Did beer prevent someone to steal you the bike? Did beer led someone to be drunk so that he/she was unable to do something with your bike? No to all, but I did do something with the cans. Did beer allow you to fix the bike directly (providing missing parts of it as substitutes) or indirectly (e.g. preventing something to happen and thus allowing you to repair the bike?) I'd have to say it was neither - it allowed me to fix the bike laterally.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Sun May 27, 2018 7:43 am

Chemicals relevant? Relevant how many cans the someone drunk? 2? 3? More than 5? 10? More than 10? If the latter, did he/she drink them alone?

Beer allowed to fix the bike = without the cans of beer you would not be able to fix the bike at all? Was the beer one that could be found in supermarkets? What you did with cans could have been done with any other can? So the specificity of beer cames before you used the cans right? Specificity of beer mainly exploited = its taste? The fact that it has some components in inside? The process with which beer is made (fermentation ...)? Its color? Its effects when drunk in big quantities? Its smell? The way in which it is sold? The shape of the cans in which it is contained? The pictures on the cans? The brand of the beer? The types of beer that can be drunk (blonde, dunkel, weizen...)? The fact that beer is typical from Germany?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Mon May 28, 2018 9:23 am

Chemicals relevant? No. Relevant how many cans the someone drunk? Noish. 2? 3? More than 5? 10? More than 10? Probably 1-3. If the latter, did he/she drink them alone? NO.

Beer allowed to fix the bike = without the cans of beer you would not be able to fix the bike at all? Incorrect. Was the beer one that could be found in supermarkets? Not in Sweden anyway. Assume 5-6% alcohol beer from a liquor store. What you did with cans could have been done with any other can? Yope - it would've been possible, but I wouldn't have done it. So the specificity of beer cames before you used the cans right? Yes. Specificity of beer mainly exploited = its taste? Partly. The fact that it has some components in inside? No. The process with which beer is made (fermentation ...)? No, except that fermentation is needed to make beer, and beer was needed for the thing I did. Its color? No. Its effects when drunk in big quantities? Partly. Its smell? Possibly. The way in which it is sold? No. The shape of the cans in which it is contained? No. The pictures on the cans? The brand of the beer? The types of beer that can be drunk (blonde, dunkel, weizen...)? The fact that beer is typical from Germany? No to all.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Mon May 28, 2018 2:32 pm

Was there 3 people a part from him? More than 3? Were the three supposed to drink one beer each? More beers each? Some drink and some not?...is pissing relevant? (Hope not and sorry for the bad word but don't know how to say it clearer)

Was beer drunk from the can directly? Put in a glass before? Drunk quickly? Shaked before? Relevant? Were the others on a sofa watching tv while drinking beer? Was there a social event (e.g. a footbal match) usually associated to beer? Was the beer the favorite drink of someone?

"I was able to fix the bike" = I had all what I need to fix the bike? I had the opportunity to fix it without being disturbed? I had the opportunity to try the bike? To try if the broken piece works?
I was able to find the time to fix the bike? I was able to take the bike out of the place where it was and fix it? I was able to take the tools to fix it?
Btw...was the bike your bike? Of someone else? Of someone who was drinking the beer?

"it would've been possible, but I wouldn't have done it." --> because you would not have been able? Because other drinks have not the specificity of beer? Because it would have been disgusting? Too time consuming? Expensive? Too complicated? Others?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Mon May 28, 2018 3:24 pm

Was there 3 people a part from him? More than 3? This. Were the three supposed to drink one beer each? They hoped for at least one. More beers each? Probably not. Some drink and some not? Irr. ...is pissing relevant? No. (Hope not and sorry for the bad word but don't know how to say it clearer) No problem.

Was beer drunk from the can directly Yes. Put in a glass before? No. Drunk quickly? Irr. Shaked before? A little. Relevant? A little. Were the others on a sofa watching tv while drinking beer? No, definitely not. Was there a social event (e.g. a footbal match) usually associated to beer? Yesish, but not football. Was the beer the favorite drink of someone? Everyone who drank beer really liked beer.

"I was able to fix the bike" = I had all what I need to fix the bike? This. I had the opportunity to fix it without being disturbed? I had the opportunity to try the bike? To try if the broken piece works? No to the rest.
I was able to find the time to fix the bike? I was able to take the bike out of the place where it was and fix it? I was able to take the tools to fix it? No to all.
Btw...was the bike your bike? Yes. Of someone else? No, but someone else used it. This is not that important though. Of someone who was drinking the beer? No.

"it would've been possible, but I wouldn't have done it." --> because you would not have been able? Incorrect. Because other drinks have not the specificity of beer? Yes. Because it would have been disgusting? No, just disappointing. Too time consuming? Expensive? Too complicated? No to all. Others? I didn't want to disappoint.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Mon May 28, 2018 5:23 pm

Specifity if beer: lather?
Relevant the type of bike? ...were you the only legal one among them? The only one able to buy beers? Relevant why the others and you gather? Because you had the beer? Were the others your friend? Did they share with you the aame passion? For bikes? Had the others relevantly bikes? Is it something like "you was able to see how to fix the bike on someone else's bike"? (E.g. another had the same problem as you/ another had a bike with the engine to fix, fixed and you were able to see how it should be fixed)

Are sort of "gestures" done before drinking beer relevant? (E.g. a cheer? Others?) Had they not drink the beers (but assuming both people and beers were present with you where you were) would it have been possible for you to fix the bike? If not, because you don't like beer? Because you need someone different from you to drink them in order to fix the bike?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Mon May 28, 2018 8:55 pm

Specifity if beer: lather? No.
Relevant the type of bike? Yes. ...were you the only legal one among them? The only one able to buy beers? No to both. Relevant why the others and you gather? Yes. Because you had the beer? No. Were the others your friend? Did they share with you the aame passion? Yes to both. For bikes? No. Had the others relevantly bikes? Is it something like "you was able to see how to fix the bike on someone else's bike"? (E.g. another had the same problem as you/ another had a bike with the engine to fix, fixed and you were able to see how it should be fixed)
No to all.

Are sort of "gestures" done before drinking beer relevant? (E.g. a cheer? Others?) A relevant ting is done, but it's not a well known thing. Worth exploring. Had they not drink the beers (but assuming both people and beers were present with you where you were) would it have been possible for you to fix the bike? Yes. If not, because you don't like beer? I do in fact not like beer, which is tangentially relevant. Because you need someone different from you to drink them in order to fix the bike? Well, if I did not want someone else to drink the beer, I would not have done the things that led to me being able to fix the bike so good.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Tue May 29, 2018 5:47 am

Relevant thing done = did you have done it as well but without drinking? Did it involved the cans? Equilibrium? Is the thing done before the beers are drunk? While? After? Is the relevant thing done only if beer is drunk? Does it involve cutting the cans? Put them all together? Collect something? (E.g. collect the cans without the metal thing which let you open them...don't know the name...hope it is clear)...was the thing done that let you fix the bike? If so, because it allowed you to have a tool to keep the bike in a certain position while you were fixing it? Is it a mountain bike? A bike without easel? Without saddle? Relevant? If not, list of bike tyoes if allowed, please.
Earnest

Postby biograd » Tue May 29, 2018 5:47 am

Is the relevant element which beer you bought (i.e. you chose one that at least one of the people visiting would like)? the way you stored the beer (e.g. you stored it in a cooler, and then somehow used the cooler to help fix the bike)? the presence of the people who liked the beer (e.g,, without beer fewer people would have shown up, which would have made fixing the bike more difficult)?
biograd

Postby GalFisk » Tue May 29, 2018 3:02 pm

Relevant thing done = did you have done it as well but without drinking? I did the relevant thing, they did the drinking. Did it involved the cans? Yes. Equilibrium? No. Is the thing done before the beers are drunk? Yes. While? No. After? No. Is the relevant thing done only if beer is drunk? Yes. Does it involve cutting the cans? No. Put them all together? Yes. Collect something? No. (E.g. collect the cans without the metal thing which let you open them...don't know the name...hope it is clear) I know, and that's not it....was the thing done that let you fix the bike? No. If so, because it allowed you to have a tool to keep the bike in a certain position while you were fixing it? No. Is it a mountain bike? A bike without easel? Without saddle? Relevant? Irrelevant. If not, list of bike tyoes if allowed, please. An electric bike.

Is the relevant element which beer you bought (i.e. you chose one that at least one of the people visiting would like)? No. the way you stored the beer Yesish. (e.g. you stored it in a cooler, and then somehow used the cooler to help fix the bike)? No. the presence of the people who liked the beer Without people who liked beer, I wouldn't have done the relevant thing with regards to the beer. (e.g,, without beer fewer people would have shown up, which would have made fixing the bike more difficult)? No.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Tue May 29, 2018 4:08 pm

Did you need someone to ride the bike while you were fixing it? Was the beer drunk normally from the can?(on the contrary for instance a hole was created under the can and beer drunk from there)
Did you need someone to lift a weight? To produce a certain force? Did you need someone to do a certain movement? To look up? To do a movement connected to drinking?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Thu May 31, 2018 7:04 am

Did you need someone to ride the bike while you were fixing it? No. Was the beer drunk normally from the can? Yes. (on the contrary for instance a hole was created under the can and beer drunk from there)
Did you need someone to lift a weight? To produce a certain force? Did you need someone to do a certain movement? To look up? To do a movement connected to drinking? No to all. Beware of FA.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Thu May 31, 2018 8:19 am

Are cans used as obstacles? As pedestal? Were they put in vertical after drunk? Horizontal? Relevant the position of the cans w.r.t. the bike?

Have you put something inside the cans before they drink the beer? Have you manipulated the cans before they drink the beer? (Practicing a hole for instance) have you put the cans somewhere relevantly? Have you put the cans all together before they drunk them? Have you painted something on them? Have you used the cans and the beer as a unit of measurament for something? Have you timed your friends drinking the beer? Is dropping the beer relevant? Did you challenge your friends to drop the beer? (The fastest to drop it for instance)

Did you expect your friends to do something before drinking the beer (e.g. screaming to cheers)? Did you relevantly expect your friends to drink the beer in the cans? Would the puzzle still have worked had they drink the beer in glasses? With a strow?

Did you propose something to your friends? Was your bike present there when they drunk the beer? Relevant? Was the bike been touched by you before they drunk beer? While they were drinking? After? Was the bike somehow physically connected to the cans?
Did you link the cans all together with a rope? With glue? Did you mix alcholic beers with analcholic one?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Thu May 31, 2018 9:07 am

Are cans used as obstacles? As pedestal? No to all. Were they put in vertical after drunk? Horizontal? Irrelevant. Relevant the position of the cans w.r.t. the bike? No.

Have you put something inside the cans before they drink the beer? No. Have you manipulated the cans before they drink the beer? Yes! (Practicing a hole for instance) No. have you put the cans somewhere relevantly? Noish. Have you put the cans all together before they drunk them? Yes, and this is relevant. Have you painted something on them? No. Have you used the cans and the beer as a unit of measurament for something? No. Have you timed your friends drinking the beer? No. Is dropping the beer relevant? No. Did you challenge your friends to drop the beer? No. (The fastest to drop it for instance)

Did you expect your friends to do something before drinking the beer (e.g. screaming to cheers)? Yope. Did you relevantly expect your friends to drink the beer in the cans? Yes. Would the puzzle still have worked had they drink the beer in glasses? No. With a strow? Yes.

Did you propose something to your friends? No. Was your bike present there when they drunk the beer? No. Relevant? Yes. Was the bike been touched by you before they drunk beer? No. While they were drinking? No. After? Yes. Was the bike somehow physically connected to the cans? No.
Did you link the cans all together with a rope? No. With glue? Yesish! Explore. Did you mix alcholic beers with analcholic one? No.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Thu May 31, 2018 9:26 am

Man you made my day ahhahahaa...
Oh...did you use them as a sort of test? I mean...the cans glued together represented the part of the bike which was broken and your friend that need to drink beer from the cans would have suggested you a possible solution once they succeded in drinking the beer? Did they drink the beer with a strow? (I mean...if the cans were glued together, it was impossible for them to drink at the same time the beer inside them unless they opened just a can and drink in turns from that can until it's finished, then opened another can and so on...) Is that what you expected them to do? Did they drink the beer while standing? While sitting? Relevant?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Thu May 31, 2018 12:34 pm

Man you made my day ahhahahaa... Nice to hear.
Oh...did you use them as a sort of test? No. I mean...the cans glued together represented the part of the bike which was broken and your friend that need to drink beer from the cans would have suggested you a possible solution once they succeded in drinking the beer? No. Did they drink the beer with a strow? No. (I mean...if the cans were glued together, it was impossible for them to drink at the same time the beer inside them unless they opened just a can and drink in turns from that can until it's finished, then opened another can and so on...) No, they were sort of glued together, but not like that. Explore. Is that what you expected them to do? No. Did they drink the beer while standing? Probably. While sitting? Possibly. Relevant? No.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Thu May 31, 2018 5:31 pm

Were they glued side by side? Vertically? Glued on the top? (Top on top) Just glued together or glued together and with something else?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Thu May 31, 2018 6:28 pm

Were they glued side by side?This. Vertically? Glued on the top? (Top on top) Just glued together or glued together and with something else? No to the rest.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:56 am

Were they able to disconnect the cans one to the other? If so using their strenght? Is the way in which they were able to disconnect the cans and drink the beer crucial to let you fix the bike in a better way? Were the beers on a table? On the floor? Was it clear at a first glance that they were glued together? In gluing them together, was your aim to make fun of your friends mainly? To let them struggle in disconnect the cans one to the other? Or have you glued them together to do an action which requires the cans to be connected one to the other(e.g. you shake the cans all together/you hit them...)? Were they glued all along their sides? Were they glued with glue? Other substance? Chewing gum? Honey? Or were they like connected through a piece of paper...don't know how to explain it....like not glued but simply "fixed"...

Did you get an hint from the overall scene on how to fix the bike better? Did the beer glued together form a particular shape ( a circle/a square/ a rectangle/others?)?
Was your gain for fixing the bike in terms of "time"? In terms of a better understanding on how to fix it (if so, because someone told you? Because the scene revealed you? Because one of your friends had the original replacement parts you needed)? Others?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:53 am

Were they able to disconnect the cans one to the other? Yes. If so using their strenght? Yes. Is the way in which they were able to disconnect the cans and drink the beer crucial to let you fix the bike in a better way? Hard to answer. Explore how the cans were connected. Were the beers on a table? On the floor? No to both, but not that important. Was it clear at a first glance that they were glued together? No. In gluing them together, was your aim to make fun of your friends mainly? Yes. To let them struggle in disconnect the cans one to the other? And yes. Or have you glued them together to do an action which requires the cans to be connected one to the other(e.g. you shake the cans all together/you hit them...)? No. Were they glued all along their sides? Yes. Were they glued with glue? Yope, explore. Other substance? Noish, explore. Chewing gum? Honey? Or were they like connected through a piece of paper...don't know how to explain it....like not glued but simply "fixed"... No to all, but paper was involved.

Did you get an hint from the overall scene on how to fix the bike better? No. Did the beer glued together form a particular shape ( a circle/a square/ a rectangle/others?)? Irrelevant.
Was your gain for fixing the bike in terms of "time"? No. In terms of a better understanding on how to fix it (if so, because someone told you? Because the scene revealed you? Because one of your friends had the original replacement parts you needed)? No to all. Others? Yes.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:59 am

Paper = plastified paper? Paper to write on? Paper with some paint/advertise on it? Paper ir papers plural? Generic paper? A book? Toilet paper? Elmer's relevant? Gluey substances relevant? E.g. resin? Collagen? A gluey substance you used to fix the bike? Spider man relevant? (I was thinking of a spider web to connect beers xD) an artificial substance? Once disconnected, were the sides o beers' cans gluey due to the substance?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:52 am

Good enough for the
***SPOILER***
In skydiving, if you have hit a particular milestone or if you have done something particularly dumb, you owe your skydiving buddies beer. The rules state that you should put the beer out and yell "case!" at the top of your lungs. Everyone need to drop everything and come running as fast as they can in hope of grabbing one of the beers.
I don't drink beer, and so I've promised to do something strange to every case, just to make it more fun. This time, I wrapped every can in double-sided tape, and stuck them together. When my friends came running, they first had to wrestle their can loose from the others, and then contend with a can that stuck to their hand.

Years later, the lock switch on my electric bake came loose. Fortunately, I still had about half a roll of double sided tape, which I used to fix the lock in place so it couldn't twist loose again.
GalFisk

Return to Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles