[klondike mary] AB.C. puzzle

An archive of solved lateral thinking puzzles.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[klondike mary] AB.C. puzzle

Postby klondike mary » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:10 pm

(BC = before coronavirus)

They were positively apocalyptic.

I had no hesitation giving them my vote.
klondike mary

Re: [klondike mary] AB.C. puzzle

Postby Earnest » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:30 pm

they = HA? Cartoons? Fantasy characters? Social media relevant? Writings on instagram stories? Statistics?

relevant their job? Politicians? Are you the only one voting? Is a group of people voting with you? A nation? a smaller group? More than 10 people? Depends on something? (e.g. views)

Did they convince you with arguments? with paintings? images? motto? pictures? comments? hashatags? music?

They were positively apocalyptic. --> religion relevant? Maya? was there someone else that was negatively apocalyptic? did they compete with someone? in order to gain votes? does it mean that they foresaw an apocalypses? the end of the world? The end of human beings? the end of an environment that was related with humans? That was smaller than the world? Did they propose some intervention in order to prevent such an apocalyptic event?
Earnest

Postby klondike mary » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:58 am

they = HA? Yes, and mixed M & F.Cartoons? Fantasy characters? Social media relevant? Writings on instagram stories? Statistics? No relevant their job?no. Politicians? NO.Are you the only one voting?No. Is a group of people voting with you? Yes.A nation? a smaller group? much smaller. More than 10 people? Yes, but less than 100Depends on something? (e.g. views) I could see them.

Did they convince you with arguments? with paintings? images? motto? pictures? comments? hashatags? music? None of these.

They were positively apocalyptic. --> religion relevant? Yessish. On several occasions I have posted puzzles with a religious theme, all of them, I am afraid, rather trivial.Maya? No. Christian.was there someone else that was negatively apocalyptic? Not in the context of the puzzle. did they compete with someone? in order to gain votes? I would say it was a sort of informal competition. does it mean that they foresaw an apocalypses? the end of the world? The end of human beings? the end of an environment that was related with humans? That was smaller than the world? Did they propose some intervention in order to prevent such an apocalyptic event? All no or n.r. Remember the word 'positively.'
Earnest
klondike mary

Postby Earnest » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:37 pm

Relevant how you vote? Secretly? Publicly? By raising the end? By writing a name on a paper? By putting a paper in a a box? By playong a note on an instrument? By clicking a botton on a device? Through a device? Other methods?

More than 10 people? Yes, but less than 10 --> The voters? Were you eligible?

Were they religious ministers? Priests? Common people? Gamers? Cosplayers?

Did they make propaganda? Did they try to convince you with words? Actions? Coatumes?

Were you voting to establish who was the best on something? Who would have been chief? Who would have decided? Eho made the best speech? Who better represented sometging? The best story? The best picture? The worst on something? Something else?

Is apocalypsis related to bible? To an event that will occur? To something related to fantasy?
Earnest

Postby klondike mary » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:37 pm

Relevant how you vote? Secretly? Publicly?[Yes. By raising the end? By writing a name on a paper? By putting a paper in a a box? By playong a note on an instrument? By clicking a botton on a device? Through a device? Other methods? By applause.

More than 10 people? Yes, but less than 10 --> The voters? Were you eligible? Yes and yes.

Were they religious ministers? Priests? Common people? This. All other q, no or n.r.Gamers? Cosplayers?

Did they make propaganda? n.r.Did they try to convince you with words? Actions? Coatumes?Costumes are involved.

Were you voting to establish who was the best on something? yessish Who would have been chief? Who would have decided? Eho made the best speech? Who better represented sometging? The best story? The best picture? The worst on something? Something else? All of these are somewhat OTRT.

Is apocalypsis related to bible? Yes. To an event that will occur? In a Biblical context, yes. In the context of the puzzle, no.To something related to fantasy?
Earnest
klondike mary

Postby Earnest » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:03 pm

Costumes are involved --> costumes produced by you? Costumes that you wore? That someone lese made? Costumes like in a themed party?

Relevant where the rotation took place? In a church? In a building? Online? In a public place?
Earnest

Postby klondike mary » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:36 pm

Costumes are involved --> costumes produced by you?Not by me - by 'they' Costumes that you wore? That someone lese made? Costumes like in a themed party? Yes, this.

Relevant where the rotation took place? In a church? In a building? Yes, as it was February. Could have been a church-owned building, but this is n.r. Online? In a public place?
klondike mary

Postby Earnest » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:08 am

Was it Carnival? Carnival party? Did all the costume have the same theme?
Positively apocalyptic = related to what costumes represented? Zombie? other creatures? Maybe plants? Animals? Earth? Flowers? Make-up relevant? Fictional characters represented by costumes relevant? Related to a joke they made? Related to the reborn of things after apocalypses? apocalyptic is related to scenography? a music? the theme? E.g. the whole building was decorated with an apocalyptic scenography and they represented the only form of life (i.e. plants for instance)? viruses relevant? ice melting or its opposite? Are opposite effects of apocalypses relevant?

To an event that will occur? In a Biblical context, yes. In the context of the puzzle, no --> to an event that has occurred? Is occurring? Is the puzzle apocalypses related to the biblical one? To one in a specific movie? To a zombie apocalypses? To an apocalypses at all? To an apocalypses due to something in particular? To a metaphorical apocalypses? To music? To the title of a book/movie? To a saying (e.g. it is an apocalypses" to say that there is a lot of confusion) To an apocalypses that brought a positive outcome (e.g. apocalypses related to the end of plastic usage? Of certain viruses?)

Positively apocalyptic = I imagine that the adjective apocalyptic refers to human beings/world in general right? Or to something specific? Does "positively" mean that they give an optimistic view of apocalypses? That their costumes give a positive message? E.g. apocalypses in Paradise? Is some religious concept/charachter present: angels? God? Nativity? Others? Is apocalypses related to an event commonly celebrated among humans? To a tradition?

Relevant the reason why you gave the vote to "them" and not to others? Was it simply that they look better to you? Were they the only ones being positively apocalyptic? Relevant what their costume looked like? Were there relevant paintings? Drawings? colors? writings? Others?

Was it a sort of beauty contest?
Did people parade in order to show the costumes? Was it an official voting (I consider official also organized votings like "prom queen")? A spontaneous one? Relevant?
Earnest

Postby klondike mary » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:29 pm

Was it Carnival? Carnival party? No to both, but about that time of year. Did all the costume have the same theme?Yes.
Positively apocalyptic = related to what costumes represented? Yes.Zombie? other creatures? Maybe plants? Plants laterally involved, but beware FA. Actually just humans.Animals? Earth? Flowers? Make-up relevant? Fictional characters represented by costumes relevant? Related to a joke they made? Related to the reborn of things after apocalypses? apocalyptic is related to scenography? a music? the theme? All no or n.r.E.g. the whole building was decorated with an apocalyptic scenography and they represented the only form of life (i.e. plants for instance)? viruses relevant? ice melting or its opposite? Are opposite effects of apocalypses relevant? Also all no or n.r.

To an event that will occur? In a Biblical context, yes. In the context of the puzzle, no --> to an event that has occurred? Is occurring? o to all Is the puzzle apocalypses related to the biblical one? Yessish.To one in a specific movie? To a zombie apocalypses? To an apocalypses at all? To an apocalypses due to something in particular? To a metaphorical apocalypses? To music? To the title of a book/movie? To a saying (e.g. it is an apocalypses" to say that there is a lot of confusion) To an apocalypses that brought a positive outcome (e.g. apocalypses related to the end of plastic usage? Of certain viruses?) No or n.r. to all.
Positively apocalyptic = I imagine that the adjective apocalyptic refers to human beings/world in general right? Or to something specific? Does "positively" mean that they give an optimistic view of apocalypses? Yessish.That their costumes give a positive message? E.g. apocalypses in Paradise? Yes. Is some religious concept/charachter present: angels? God? Yes to these two. Nativity? Others? Is apocalypses related to an event commonly celebrated among humans? To a tradition? No/noish to both.

Relevant the reason why you gave the vote to "them" and not to others? Yes. Was it simply that they look better to you? No, but..... Were they the only ones being positively apocalyptic? Yes. Relevant what their costume looked like? YES.Were there relevant paintings? Drawings? colors? writings? Others? No to all.

Was it a sort of beauty contest? No. I did not think they were the most beautiful.
Did people parade in order to show the costumes? n.r. Was it an official voting (I consider official also organized votings like "prom queen")? A spontaneous one? this.Relevant? n.r.
Earnest
klondike mary

Postby Balin » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:51 pm

Four horsemen of the apocalypse?
Balin

Postby klondike mary » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:19 am

Four horsemen of the apocalypse? No, but you are very much OTRT and in the right area!
Balin
klondike mary

Postby Earnest » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:45 am

Relevant what their costume looked like? YES.--> so horsemen? horses? knights? humans? Angels? some notorious character? Knights of the Zodiac? Did they represent someone or something? I mean: something as for instance the seven plagues?
were the costumes relevantly: handmade? is make-up relevant? did the costumes represent modern times? ancient times? no times? different time spans (e.g. before, during and after apocalypse)? are light games relevant (e.g. everything was dark and the costumes had lights on them)?

trumpets relevant? Modern (or ancient) representations of Apocalypse relevant? resurrection of the dead relevant? Seven churches (e.g. they were dressed as priests of the seven churches)? seven angels and seven trumpets relevant? analogies with something of modern times? (e.g. a band of modern times/ a movie)

Was the costume: funny? ironic? happy? cheerful? non-dramatic? totally different from other costumes? If so, in the sense that they represented someone/something that other costumes did not? In the sense that their costumes were more original than other costumes, albeit representing the same subject (or the same subject of some of them)? In the sense that they added some feature (e.g. they represented a biblical scene with someone making the wind by blowing; someone else put an apocalyptic music ...)?

was their intention to provoke the reaction above mentioned? (on the contrary for instance, they put the costumes on backwards/ the costumes were too tight/they forgot a part of the costume ...)

Is the exact number of people wearing the costumes relevant? 4? 5? 8? 12? Were they all visible? (e.g. I am thinking of horsemen where some of the people is hidden because is representing the horses)

Is Apocalypse of John involved?Directly mentioned? Are the costumes of a character of such a book?
Earnest

Postby klondike mary » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:36 pm

Relevant what their costume looked like? YES.--> so horsemen? horses? knights? humans? This. All others, no.Angels? some notorious character? Knights of the Zodiac? Did they represent someone or something? I mean: something as for instance the seven plagues? No.
were the costumes relevantly: handmade? They were purchased by the ones wearing them, but watch for FA. is make-up relevant? No. did the costumes represent modern times? ancient times? no times? different time spans (e.g. before, during and after apocalypse)? The costumes were modern, but time periods, past, present or future, are n.r. are light games relevant (e.g. everything was dark and the costumes had lights on them)? No.

trumpets relevant? Modern (or ancient) representations of Apocalypse relevant? resurrection of the dead relevant? Seven churches (e.g. they were dressed as priests of the seven churches)? seven angels and seven trumpets relevant? analogies with something of modern times? (e.g. a band of modern times/ a movie) All no or n.r.

Was the costume: funny? I got a laugh out of them. ironic? happy? cheerful? non-dramatic? totally different from other costumes? If so, in the sense that they represented someone/something that other costumes did not? In the sense that their costumes were more original than other costumes, albeit representing the same subject (or the same subject of some of them)? In the sense that they added some feature (e.g. they represented a biblical scene with someone making the wind by blowing; someone else put an apocalyptic music ...)? Wind not involved, but sort of along parallel lines. They represented an unusual and rather lateral way of looking at things.

was their intention to provoke the reaction above mentioned? To get a laugh? I think so. (on the contrary for instance, they put the costumes on backwards/ the costumes were too tight/they forgot a part of the costume ...) No to these.

Is the exact number of people wearing the costumes relevant? 4? 5?This, but n.r. and could be misleading. 8? 12? Were they all visible? (e.g. I am thinking of horsemen where some of the people is hidden because is representing the horses) No. No front or back ends of horses relevant.

Is Apocalypse of John involved?Yes. Directly mentioned? No, not by name. Are the costumes of a character of such a book? Characters, yes.
Earnest
klondike mary

Postby Earnest » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:15 am

They represented an unusual and rather lateral way of looking at things. --> did they represent humans during apocalypse (i.e. humans that suffered apocalypse?)?
Maybe humans with relevant problems? E.g. deaf humans that did not hear the Apocalypse trumpets.

Relevant what their costume looked like? YES.--> a part from being humans, was their costume recognizable? Were they dressed like prophets? Like important humans (e.g. noble men/knights/others?)? Like people escaping? It looked like a painting (e.g. they were dressed like paintings representing apocalypse on glass window....I don' know why but I imagined people representing different body parts like in a Picasso)
Dd they represent the last humans on Earth?

Ok I must admit my ignorance about Bible...so is ay of the famous human characters like Moses involved? Or maybe Jesus depending on your faith (orthodoxes do not consider him human but divine AFAIK) Maybe the represented John himself writing the book? Other humans? Generic ones?

Is it allowed to go and check John Apocalypse on google?
Earnest

Postby klondike mary » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:12 pm

They represented an unusual and rather lateral way of looking at things. --> did they represent humans during apocalypse (i.e. humans that suffered apocalypse?)? More like after.
Maybe humans with relevant problems? E.g. deaf humans that did not hear the Apocalypse trumpets. No to both

Relevant what their costume looked like? YES.--> a part from being humans, was their costume recognizable? YesishWere they dressed like prophets? Like important humans (e.g. noble men/knights/others?)? Like people escaping? It looked like a painting (e.g. they were dressed like paintings representing apocalypse on glass window....I don' know why but I imagined people representing different body parts like in a Picasso)
Dd they represent the last humans on Earth? All of these, no. Their costumes were literal as well as lateral.

Ok I must admit my ignorance about Bible...so is ay of the famous human characters like Moses involved? Or maybe Jesus depending on your faith (orthodoxes do not consider him human but divine AFAIK) Maybe the represented John himself writing the book? Other humans? Generic ones? generic - not famous characters

Is it allowed to go and check John Apocalypse on google? Yes. Anything that will help. Perhaps I should have posted a disclaimer: some knowledge of the Bible IN ENGLISH would help, because the words might have a different connotation in French, Spanish or Italian..
Earnest
klondike mary

Postby Earnest » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:41 am

Ok.
Did the humans save themselves? Were the humans in Paradise (i.e. they died and were in Paradise)? Were they on Earth? If so, relevant how they survived? Did they fall asleep during Apocalypse? Were they doing something relevant? Are they called somehow in English (e.g. cavemen? Survivors?)? Were such humans happy? Happy to be survived? Happy to be alone in the world? To use it as their own private garden? Did they realize to be the last survivor on Earth (admitted that they were alive and they were alone)? Or maybe the trick lies in the fact that they were not alone? i.e. maybe the "positively" describes an anti-conventional post-apocalyptic scenario in which life is normal (either not changed or spread)?
Earnest

Postby klondike mary » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:02 am

Ok.
Did the humans save themselves? Were the humans in Paradise (i.e. they died and were in Paradise)? Were they on Earth? If so, relevant how they survived? Did they fall asleep during Apocalypse? Were they doing something relevant? Are they called somehow in English (e.g. cavemen? Survivors?)? Were such humans happy? Happy to be survived? Happy to be alone in the world? To use it as their own private garden? Did they realize to be the last survivor on Earth (admitted that they were alive and they were alone)? Or maybe the trick lies in the fact that they were not alone? i.e. maybe the "positively" describes an anti-conventional post-apocalyptic scenario in which life is normal (either not changed or spread)? Yes, they were happy, and not just to have survived. Revelation (Apocalypse) is not all doom and gloom.

RECAP: A group of people were costumed as characters from the Bible book of Revelations, not identified by name, more by category. They are human. Their costumes involved lateral thinking, and also a bit of literal thinking, and repurposing. What kind of costumes were they wearing?
klondike mary

Postby klondike mary » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:53 am

*******************SPOILER***********************
This puzzle is seemingly moribund, so I will go ahead and spoil. One family were inspired by Rev. (Apocolypse) 7:9-13 to attend as the 'great multitude in white robes with palm branches in their hands." They wore matching terrycloth bathrobes, and carried plastic palm leaves.
They were not the most beautiful, and Baby Moses was certainly cuter, but I thought they were very clever....All right, so 5 people hardly makes a 'multitude.,' but they had the right idea.
klondike mary

Postby Earnest » Mon May 04, 2020 12:49 pm

Funny!
Earnest

Return to Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles