[Doriana] This was revealed to me in a dream

An archive of solved lateral thinking puzzles.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[Doriana] This was revealed to me in a dream

Postby Doriana » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:10 pm

The other night, I had a dream in which something happened. Dreamiana (my alter ego in my dreams) thought that the situation would make a great lateral puzzle. I then woke up and realized the situation had happened only in my dream, but I still want to share the puzzle with you - even though it's probably not as great a puzzle as Dreamiana thought it was. Confused yet? Just treat it like a regular puzzle, without the back story.

When I woke up, I knew the kids had seen him.

(Source for the puzzle title, not relevant to the solution though: https://me.me/i/i-now-have-the-perfect- ... o-21189489)
Last edited by Doriana on Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doriana

Re: [Doriana] This was revealed to me in a dream

Postby irishelk » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:34 pm

Nice! I've also had dreams in which dream-me thinks: this would make a great puzzle. Usually upon waking I realize they're garbage, but I have had a few inspirations that way =)

Are the kids your ("I"'s) kids? Siblings? Classmates? All children? A few specific ones? Exact number relevant? Not baby goats, right (just checking)?
Did you see the kids on waking? Hear them?

Is "he" H? A? Did they see him in person?

Santa Claus?
irishelk

Postby Doriana » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:41 pm

Are the kids your ("I"'s) kids? Siblings? No to these Classmates? My classmates? No. Classmates of each other? Maybe. All children? No A few specific ones? Yes Exact number relevant? Not really Not baby goats, right (just checking)? Correct
Did you see the kids on waking? Hear them? No to both

Is "he" H? No A? Yes Did they see him in person? Yes

Santa Claus? No
Doriana

Postby Earnest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:36 pm

Are kids related to you? Kids: relevant how many? 2? 3? More? See him = from a distance? More than 3 meters? Was there a curtain/glass/screen between the kids and him? Skype relevant? Internet? Did they have interaction with him? Did it happen in your dream? In reality? Both?
Him = a HAM? A fictional one? A real one? Is it common to see him? Normal? Is he dead? Alive? Were the kids supposed to see him?

Did they see him for a long amount of time? For a moment?

Did the kids tell you they saw him? Before waking up did you sleep? Did you dream? Relevant what woke you up? The alarm? Did you know it even before having seen the kids? Did something suggested you that they saw him? Something real? Something in your dreams? Can we assume you were in your house? Were the kids?
If not, did you know that the kids were supposed to see him but you felt asleep so that when you woke up you knew they did ? Or maybe you saw them seeing him and then you felt asleep? Did the kids do something after having seen him? If so did this something suggest you that they saw him?
Earnest

Postby Doriana » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:41 pm

To avoid any confusion, I will answer all questions as if the events had actually happened

Are kids related to you? No Kids: relevant how many? 2? 3? More? Exact number is irrelevant and unknown, but more than 3 See him = from a distance? Irrel More than 3 meters? Probably closer than that Was there a curtain/glass/screen between the kids and him? Skype relevant? Internet? No to all Did they have interaction with him? Irrel (apart from seeing him) Did it happen in your dream? In reality? This (see clarification above) Both?
Him = a HAM? A and M, but not H A fictional one? A real one? This Is it common to see him? Normal? Yes to both Is he dead? Alive? This Were the kids supposed to see him? No

Did they see him for a long amount of time? For a moment? Unknown and irrel

Did the kids tell you they saw him? No Before waking up did you sleep? Yes Did you dream? Irrel Relevant what woke you up? Somewhat The alarm? This Did you know it even before having seen the kids? FA Did something suggested you that they saw him? Yes Something real? Yes Something in your dreams? No Can we assume you were in your house? Yes Were the kids? No
If not, did you know that the kids were supposed to see him but you felt asleep so that when you woke up you knew they did ? No Or maybe you saw them seeing him and then you felt asleep? No Did the kids do something after having seen him? If so did this something suggest you that they saw him? Yes to both
Doriana

Postby Earnest » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:07 am

Is it an animal (cat? E.g. you expected him to be in the bed with you. Dog? Bird? Others))? An object? Puppet? A pet? Muppet? A snowman? A personifiable object? An animated object? If an animal...did they feed him (e.g. he refused to eat, he had his bowl filled with food/water) ? Did they still watching him when you woke up?
Earnest

Postby Doriana » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:35 pm

Is it an animal (cat? This E.g. you expected him to be in the bed with you. But no Dog? Bird? Others))? An object? Puppet? A pet? Yes Muppet? A snowman? A personifiable object? An animated object? If an animal...did they feed him (e.g. he refused to eat, he had his bowl filled with food/water) ? No Did they still watching him when you woke up? No
Doriana

Postby Earnest » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:03 am

Have you actually seen the kids? Was the cat your cat (the cuute one you posted)? Was he where he was supposed to be when you woke up?
Is the somethibg made by the kids negative? Neutral? Normal when someone see a cat? Relevant your cat's habits? Going somewhere? Walk on the roof? Are piles relevant? Food? Did kids and cat had an interaction? Did the something that suggested you that the kids have seen the cat changed temporarily the cat's appearence? Purring relevant? Miaowing? Refusing to eat? Refusing to do something? Bell relevant? Neclace/collar? Could you hear the kids' voices? Have you seen your cat when you woke up? Did the kids usually see your cat? Always the same kids? Did they paint your cat? Took a picture of him (e.g. maybe you got one of their mums as friend on Facebook and she changed her profile image with an image of your cat after having seen him while walking along with the kids)? Relevant what the kids were doing when they saw him? Were they playing? Just walking? Had they not seen the cat would you still be able to say that they did not meet him? Had they been with their mums, would they still see him? Have an interaction with him?

To be sure...you woke up in the morning right? Did you realize that they saw him as soon as you woke up? Also staying in your bad could you realize it? Noises relevant?
Earnest

Postby Doriana » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:46 pm

Have you actually seen the kids? No! Was the cat your cat (the cuute one you posted)? Yes Was he where he was supposed to be when you woke up? Irrel
Is the somethibg made by the kids negative? Neutral? Neutral or positive Normal when someone see a cat? Noish Relevant your cat's habits? Yes Going somewhere? Going outside is relevant, but no specific places Walk on the roof? Are piles relevant? Food? No to these Did kids and cat had an interaction? Irrel Did the something that suggested you that the kids have seen the cat changed temporarily the cat's appearence? No Purring relevant? No Miaowing? Noish Refusing to eat? Refusing to do something? Bell relevant? Neclace/collar? Could you hear the kids' voices? No to these Have you seen your cat when you woke up? irrel Did the kids usually see your cat? Irrel, it's only relevant that they saw him that day Always the same kids? Yes Did they paint your cat? Took a picture of him (e.g. maybe you got one of their mums as friend on Facebook and she changed her profile image with an image of your cat after having seen him while walking along with the kids)? No to these Relevant what the kids were doing when they saw him? Yes Were they playing? Yesish Just walking? They were on their way to school Had they not seen the cat would you still be able to say that they did not meet him? No Had they been with their mums, would they still see him? Yes Have an interaction with him? Irrel

To be sure...you woke up in the morning right? Yes Did you realize that they saw him as soon as you woke up? Not immediately, but it didn't take long Also staying in your bad could you realize it? Yes Noises relevant? No
Doriana

Postby Earnest » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:27 am

Did your cat play with the kids? Did they have relevantly a school bag? Had adults seen him, would the puzzle still work? Did your cat come back home? If so, in his usual way? Did the kids bring him home? Was it snowy? Was it a particular day? Was it cold? Hot? Did the kids know that the cat was yours? Did they chase him? Did your cat change his habits whenever he heard kids coming? Was there also a dog present?

Also staying in your bad could you realize it? Yes --> because you would have seen your cat? Your cat would have come to you in the bed?
Snow balls relevant? Were the kids laughing? Playing ball? Were they on bikes? Eating? Were they looking for a cat? Were they running? Were they masked?

Was your cat dirtied by something? (E.g. ink of the kids'hands) was the cat reachable by the kids? Or did he stay in a place where they could not reach him? If not, could the puzzle still wirk in that circumstance? Did your cat steal sonething to the kids?
Earnest

Postby Doriana » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:03 pm

Did your cat play with the kids? Irrel Did they have relevantly a school bag? Irrel Had adults seen him, would the puzzle still work? Much less likely Did your cat come back home? Yes, but irrel If so, in his usual way? Yes Did the kids bring him home? No Was it snowy? YES Was it a particular day? Was it cold? This Hot? Did the kids know that the cat was yours? Did they chase him? Did your cat change his habits whenever he heard kids coming? Was there also a dog present? No to rest

Also staying in your bad could you realize it? Yes --> because you would have seen your cat? Your cat would have come to you in the bed?
Snow balls relevant? Were the kids laughing? Playing ball? Were they on bikes? Eating? Were they looking for a cat? Were they running? Were they masked? No to all

Was your cat dirtied by something? No (E.g. ink of the kids'hands) was the cat reachable by the kids? Or did he stay in a place where they could not reach him? Irrel to these If not, could the puzzle still wirk in that circumstance? It's only relevant that the kids saw the cat Did your cat steal sonething to the kids? No
Doriana

Postby Earnest » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:32 pm

Is your cat white (I can't remember sorry)? Black? Did he camouflage in the snow? Did they see him immediqtely as they walk? After a while? Relevant? Snowcat relevant?
Did you realize that the kids saw him just from the fact that it was snowy and your cat was outside?

Were the kids: building a snowman? Playing with snow? Are traces in the snow relevant (e.g. the kids noticed the traces and then the cat?)?
Earnest

Postby Doriana » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:28 am

Is your cat white (I can't remember sorry)? Black? Irrel Did he camouflage in the snow? No Did they see him immediqtely as they walk? After a while? Relevant? Irrel Snowcat relevant? No
Did you realize that the kids saw him just from the fact that it was snowy and your cat was outside? No

Were the kids: building a snowman? Playing with snow? THIS Are traces in the snow relevant (e.g. the kids noticed the traces and then the cat?)? Yesish, DOYD of "traces", and they were not the cat's traces
Doriana

Postby Earnest » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:32 pm

Playing with snow --> snow balls? Snowman? Ski? Snow slide? Angel on the snow? Painting with fingers on the covered by snow cars'windows relevant?

Relevant traces = the snow slide ones? The ski ones? The feet of the kids'ones? Generic traces? Traces of cars on the snow? Others? Ice relevant? Sliding on the ice relevant? Relevant where they were playing? On the street? On the sidewalks? Was your cat on the street? On the sidewalk? In a garden? On something? By playing, could they avoid seeing the cat? (e.g. the cat was in front of them when they were slicing on the snow with the snow slide)

Do your cat hide in the snow? Do your cat slide on the snow?
Earnest

Postby Doriana » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:08 pm

Playing with snow --> snow balls? Snowman? Ski? Snow slide? Angel on the snow? Painting with fingers Yes on the covered by snow cars'windows relevant? Not this, although it would work too

Relevant traces = the snow slide ones? The ski ones? The feet of the kids'ones? Generic traces? Traces of cars on the snow? No to all Others? This - the traces of their fingers as discovered above Ice relevant? Sliding on the ice relevant? No to these Relevant where they were playing? Somewhat On the street? On the sidewalks? This Was your cat on the street? On the sidewalk? In a garden? On something? Irrel to all By playing, could they avoid seeing the cat? (e.g. the cat was in front of them when they were slicing on the snow with the snow slide) No

Do your cat hide in the snow? No Do your cat slide on the snow? Irrel
Doriana

Postby Earnest » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:14 am

Hopscotch relevant? Were they painting something following a certain criterion? Something random? Figures? Geometric figures? Lines? Circles? Was your cat on their way? Did they draw a figure around the cat?
Was there snow along all the part of the sidewalk in which they were drawing? Were they drawing a lead? A track? If so was the cat in the middle of it? Were they drawing with one finger each? Was you cat walking? Did they see him while painting with fingers? After? Did they relevantly paint with gloves? Relevant that kids dirtied their fingers with snow? Was your cat on the side of the sidewalk where they were painting? Could you see somethibg through your window? Were the paws of your cat clean when he came back home?
Earnest

Postby Doriana » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:27 am

Hopscotch relevant? No Were they painting something following a certain criterion? Yesish, and "painting" is probably not the best word Something random? Figures? Geometric figures? No to these Lines? Circles? Lines and circles are relevant Was your cat on their way? Did they draw a figure around the cat? No to these
Was there snow along all the part of the sidewalk in which they were drawing? Yes Were they drawing a lead? A track? If so was the cat in the middle of it? No to these Were they drawing with one finger each? Assume yes Was you cat walking? Irrel Did they see him while painting with fingers? Either this or before they started painting After? No Did they relevantly paint with gloves? Relevant that kids dirtied their fingers with snow? Was your cat on the side of the sidewalk where they were painting? Irrel to these Could you see somethibg through your window? Yes Were the paws of your cat clean when he came back home? Irrel
Doriana

Postby Earnest » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:01 pm

Assuming they have seen him before, did they draw anyway circles and lines? Did they want to reproduce something on the snow and saw your cat so that they also painted him on the snow with their fingers?
Earnest

Postby Doriana » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:11 pm

Assuming they have seen him before, did they draw anyway circles and lines? Yes Did they want to reproduce something on the snow and saw your cat so that they also painted him on the snow with their fingers? No
Doriana

Postby Earnest » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:41 pm

Were they drawing a specific shape made of line and circles? Letters? Name of your cat relevant? Did they draw the name "cat" on the snow? "Katze"? "Kater"? Can we say that they were playing with your cat who relevantly interact with them?
Earnest

Postby Doriana » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:26 pm

Were they drawing a specific shape made of line and circles? Letters? This! Name of your cat relevant? Did they draw the name "cat" on the snow? No, but close enough "Katze"? "Kater"? Can we say that they were playing with your cat who relevantly interact with them?

********SPOILER********

You know those dreams where you wake up, only to realize you're actually still dreaming? Well, in a recent dream, I woke up to my neighbourhood covered in snow. I looked out of my bedroom window and saw that someone had written "MEOW" in the snow on the sidewalk. I concluded that kids on their way to the school down the road from my place must have seen my cat in the morning, because why else would they have written "MEOW" in the snow? Dream logic...

Well played, Earnest!
Last edited by Doriana on Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doriana

Re: [Doriana] This was revealed to me in a dream (*MEOWED*)

Postby Earnest » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:24 pm

Nice one Doriana. And congratulations for your ability to even reason while sleeping!!!
Earnest

Return to Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles