[GalFisk] Safe for Work

An archive of solved lateral thinking puzzles.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[GalFisk] Safe for Work

Postby GalFisk » Sat May 22, 2021 12:36 pm

Yes, I am in fact checking out your body. Let me just slip into something more comfortable.
Last edited by GalFisk on Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
GalFisk

Re: [GalFisk] Safe for Work

Postby Sundowner » Sat May 22, 2021 1:07 pm

I = you? a human being?
checking out = clearing for leaving a place? (like checking out from a hotel? from a shop?)
or rather, checking out code (or something similar) from a repository?
body = a physical, tangible body? of a living being?
or rather, a body of text? a body of documents? the body of a web page?
Sundowner

Postby GalFisk » Sat May 22, 2021 1:28 pm

I = you? a human being? Yes, I, who is human being.
checking out = clearing for leaving a place? (like checking out from a hotel? from a shop?) No to all.
or rather, checking out code (or something similar) from a repository? No.
body = a physical, tangible body? of a living being? Yes to both these, no to the rest.
or rather, a body of text? a body of documents? the body of a web page?
GalFisk

Postby trebor » Mon May 24, 2021 5:35 am

Checking out: assessing sexual attractiveness? Ascertaining suitability for something other than acts pertaining to sexual attractiveness? Assessing damage?

Is the title relevant? Is your profession relevant? The profession of the person you’re checking out? Are you checking out a HA? Gender relevant?
trebor

Postby GalFisk » Mon May 24, 2021 11:13 am

Checking out: assessing sexual attractiveness? No. Ascertaining suitability DOYD for something other than acts pertaining to sexual attractiveness? Yes. Assessing damage? No.

Is the title relevant? Is your profession relevant? The profession of the person you’re checking out? No to all. Are you checking out a HA? Usually. Gender relevant? No.
GalFisk

Postby trebor » Wed May 26, 2021 9:18 am

My body, as in this meat-sack that parades around clumsily, answers when my name is called, and frequently bashes its pinky toe on the edge of things? My body, as in another body over which I have ownership?
trebor

Postby GalFisk » Wed May 26, 2021 12:57 pm

My body, as in this meat-sack that parades around clumsily, answers when my name is called, and frequently bashes its pinky toe on the edge of things? That thing, yes. My body, as in another body over which I have ownership? No.
GalFisk

Postby trebor » Fri May 28, 2021 6:55 pm

Slip into something more comfortable = put on a different outfit? Change only part of your clothing? Is it relevant what clothing you were wearing before? What clothing you're going to put on? Are you putting on something protective? Does it matter what I'm wearing?

Am I surprised that you're checking out my body? Delighted? Confused? Aggravated? Prior to your saying this, had I thought you weren't checking me out? Is it appropriate to say "checking me out" as a synonym for "checking out my body"? The "in fact" in the puzzle statement implies to me that the listener has had some kind of reaction or whatever that you are responding to. Would this be accurate?

Do we know each other already? If so, are we friends? Spouses/partners? Family? Co-workers? Examiner and patient? Examiner and test subject? Is this being done for academic purposes? For fun? Have you done this with other people before? If so, more than a handful? More than a hundred? Do you do this regularly? Will you do it again in future? Are we outdoors? Indoors? Relevant? Are there other people around? Is one of us an instructor of some kind? Are we participating in something together?
trebor

Postby GalFisk » Sun May 30, 2021 7:31 pm

Slip into something more comfortable = put on a different outfit? Yes. Change only part of your clothing? DOYD. Is it relevant what clothing you were wearing before? No. What clothing you're going to put on? Yes. Are you putting on something protective? No. Does it matter what I'm wearing? No, but beware of FA.

Am I surprised that you're checking out my body? Delighted? Confused? Aggravated? No to all. Prior to your saying this, had I thought you weren't checking me out? FA. Is it appropriate to say "checking me out" as a synonym for "checking out my body"? I think it'd work. The "in fact" in the puzzle statement implies to me that the listener has had some kind of reaction or whatever that you are responding to. Would this be accurate? No, same FA.

Do we know each other already? No. If so, are we friends? Spouses/partners? Family? Co-workers? Examiner and patient? Examiner and test subject? Is this being done for academic purposes? No to all. For fun? Not exactly, but int he right ballpark. Have you done this with other people before? Yes. If so, more than a handful? More than a hundred? Yes to both. Do you do this regularly? Somewhat. Will you do it again in future? Yes. Are we outdoors? Indoors? Outdoors or nearly so. Relevant? Yes. Are there other people around? Yes. Is one of us an instructor of some kind? No. Are we participating in something together? Yesish.
GalFisk

Postby Sundowner » Mon May 31, 2021 12:15 pm

Does the checking out involve: looking at the body? from different angles? taking measurements? taking a picture of the body? touching the body?
Are you checking the body as a whole? or, rather, some specific aspect of it? (like: shoe size)
Are you checking the real, physical body? a picture of it? a 3D representation in the computer?
Would I notice that you check out my body if you hadn't told me? Would the result of your check have any impact on me?
Are you putting on something more comfortable because it's going to take a while?
Do you wear sort of uncomfortable clothes? or just not comfortable for the purpose of checking out my body? because you did not plan to check out my body in the first place?
Did some relevant conversation take place between us before you started to check out my body?
As it is outdoors: is it cold? raining? snowing?
Sundowner

Postby GalFisk » Mon May 31, 2021 3:18 pm

Does the checking out involve: looking at the body? from different angles? Yes to both. taking measurements? Only by eye. taking a picture of the body? touching the body? No to both.
Are you checking the body as a whole? Yes. or, rather, some specific aspect of it? (like: shoe size) No.
Are you checking the real, physical body? This. a picture of it? a 3D representation in the computer?
Would I notice that you check out my body if you hadn't told me? Probaly not. Would the result of your check have any impact on me? Yesish.
Are you putting on something more comfortable because it's going to take a while? No.
Do you wear sort of uncomfortable clothes? Noish. or just not comfortable for the purpose of checking out my body? No. because you did not plan to check out my body in the first place? No.
Did some relevant conversation take place between us before you started to check out my body? Possibly, but not necessarily.
As it is outdoors: is it cold? raining? snowing? No to all.
GalFisk

Postby Sundowner » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:40 pm

Am I close to you when you check my body (say, within 5 metres distance)?
Would any relevant conversation happen after you completed the check? would it depend on the result?
Are you checking whether I would fit for a particular purpose?
Are you primarily interested in my body length? width? proportions? weight? (do you need me as a counterweight of sorts?)
Are you looking for a look-alike or double?
If I fit into what you're looking for, would you then ask me to do something for you? to do some activity together with you?
Sundowner

Postby GalFisk » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:46 pm

Am I close to you when you check my body (say, within 5 metres distance)? 5 meters is about right.
Would any relevant conversation happen after you completed the check? There'd be conversation, DOYD of relevant. would it depend on the result? No.
Are you checking whether I would fit for a particular purpose? No.
Are you primarily interested in my body length? width? A little of both. proportions? weight? Mainly this. (do you need me as a counterweight of sorts?) No.
Are you looking for a look-alike or double? No.
If I fit into what you're looking for, FA. would you then ask me to do something for you? No. to do some activity together with you? No, but OTRT.
GalFisk

Postby Sundowner » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:23 am

Will some activity take place after you checked out my body? will you take part in it? will I?
Is it diving?
Do you check how many weights I would need on my belt?
Sundowner

Postby GalFisk » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:22 am

Will some activity take place after you checked out my body? will you take part in it? will I? Yes to all.
Is it diving?
Do you check how many weights I would need on my belt? No to both.
GalFisk

Postby trebor » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:56 am

Is the season relevant? If so, summer? Fall? Spring?

Are we at a fair? Or exhibition? A circus? Are sporting events relevant? Are other people going to watch whatever we do? Is this something that I can succeed or fail at, once you’ve deemed me suitable? Is this being done for entertainment? Are you pranking me?
trebor

Postby GalFisk » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:56 am

Is the season relevant? It might help. If so, summer? Fall? Spring? Any of these.

Are we at a fair? Or exhibition? A circus? No to all. Are sporting events relevant? I wouldn't call it that, but OTRT. Are other people going to watch whatever we do? Yes. Is this something that I can succeed or fail at, once you’ve deemed me suitable? Not really. Is this being done for entertainment? The activity is done for fun. Are you pranking me? No.
GalFisk

Postby trebor » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:46 pm

Waterfights relevant? Are we going to play a game? Are other people going to participate in the activity with us? Does the activity involve equipment? Is it a team thing?
trebor

Postby GalFisk » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:28 pm

Waterfights relevant? Are we going to play a game? No to both. Are other people going to participate in the activity with us? Does the activity involve equipment? Yes to both. Is it a team thing? No.
GalFisk

Postby Doriana » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:25 am

Skydiving relevant?
Doriana

Postby GalFisk » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:14 am

Skydiving relevant? Yes.
GalFisk

Postby Doriana » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:30 pm

Is the person you're checking out going to go skydiving? Are you? Do you check them out to see what kind of equipment they need? Tandem jumps relevant?
Doriana

Postby trebor » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:45 am

Why, oh why, oh why did I not think to ask about skydiving?? *slaps forehead in shame*
trebor

Postby GalFisk » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:53 am

Is the person you're checking out going to go skydiving? Are you? Yes to both. Do you check them out to see what kind of equipment they need? No. Tandem jumps relevant? Yes.

Why, oh why, oh why did I not think to ask about skydiving?? *slaps forehead in shame* There, there.
GalFisk

Postby trebor » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:51 pm

Is it to see if you can do the tandem with them, vs. someone else having to?
trebor

Postby GalFisk » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:18 am

Is it to see if you can do the tandem with them, vs. someone else having to? No, but figuring out the exact circumstances requires more knowledge than laterality, so it's close enough for a ***SPOILER***
I'm not a tandem instructor (yet), but I film tandem jumps. This means that I need to match my freefall rate with the tandem pair. I'm looking at you to estimate how fast you'll fall, and then I'll choose either my regular jumpsuit (falls fast) or my camera wings (has a wide register, but it's harder to go fast).
Thanks for playing!
GalFisk

Return to Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles